Are we living in the LAST DAYS?

by Fisherman 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

Jhine

Daniel described the king of the south. It’s not accidental.

Daniel explained the end of WW2 and the end of Germany, the king of the north.

…also not accidental.

What I wrote WILL happen, and sooner than you think.

USA will launch an all-out against the east and the north to kill as many as they can.

Why does it have “be about the USA”… why don’t you ask them.

Ask them why they insisted on mounting the “white horse” only to drag the other 3 horses behind.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Lasty -Daniel explained the end of WW2 and the end of Germany, the king of the north.

It's all down to interpretation. Not necessarily correct interpretation, either.

I admire your zeal. As I say, you can get 100 top theologians to talk about this Daniel stuff and they could all disagree on what you said. (Personally, I think it's not to be taken too literally).

… why don’t you ask them.

Who is 'them'? I don't follow you. Can you clarify?

What I wrote WILL happen, and sooner than you think.

Er....when?

Not being funny, mate; but you sound a bit too 'over enthusiastic'.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

One day is as a thousand years in the eyes of Jehovah.

This from The Bible’s Answer

"According to an official Jehovah’s Witness Watchtower article published in August 2015, titled “Watch Your Associations in These Last Days”, the following was said:

1. In what time period are we now living? WE ARE living in very difficult times. The Bible calls the era that began in 1914 “the last days.” These “critical times hard to deal with” are marked by conditions that are far worse than any experienced by mankind prior to that climactic year. (2 Tim. 3:1-5) Moreover, the world will continue to deteriorate, for Bible prophecy foretold that “wicked men and impostors will advance from bad to worse.”—2 Tim. 3:13.¹

According to the Watch Tower Society, the “last days” began in the year 1914, during which they claim Christ was enthroned and returned to the earth invisibly*. But was the year 1914 actually when the last days began?

When the Last Days Began

The Bible answers this for us:

Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world. (Hebrews 1:1–2)

This Bible passage makes it clear that the “last days” began not in 1914, but 2,000 years ago when Jesus Christ walked the earth. In biblical usage, the “last days” refer to the Messianic era, which began with Christ’s first coming, and will finish when he comes again to judge the living at the dead, which could happen at any moment now (James 5:7–9; John 6:40, 12:48). This is why the author of Hebrews wrote that Jesus came to the earth “at the end of the ages”, i.e. the last days, to put away sin by his sacrifice on the cross:

But as it is, he has appeared once for all at the end of the ages to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself. (Hebrews 9:26)

This is also why the apostle Peter wrote “The end of all things is at hand” (1 Peter 4:7) 2,000 years ago, another clear reference to the fact that the New Testament Christians were also living in the last days. Furthermore, after the Holy Spirit had been poured out on the Christians on the Day of Pentecost, Peter again said:

Men of Judea and all who dwell in Jerusalem, let this be known to you, and give ear to my words. 15 For these people are not drunk, as you suppose, since it is only the third hour of the day. 16 But this is what was uttered through the prophet Joel: 17 “‘And in the last days it shall be, God declares, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams; 18 even on my male servants and female servants in those days I will pour out my Spirit, and they shall prophesy. (Acts 2:14–21)

Here, we clearly see that in the Scripture which Peter quoted, the prophet Joel taught that the outpouring of the Holy Spirit would happen “in the last days”, and that this was fulfilled 2,000 years ago on the Day of Pentecost. This again clearly teaches that the last days began 2,000 years ago.

When the Greatest Era of Tribulation For Jerusalem Took Place

In addition, the Watch Tower Society said that the year 1914 marked the beginning of conditions “far worse than any experienced by mankind prior to that climactic year.” Yet the Lord Jesus said:

But when you see the abomination of desolation standing where he ought not to be (let the reader understand), then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 15 Let the one who is on the housetop not go down, nor enter his house, to take anything out, 16 and let the one who is in the field not turn back to take his cloak. 17 And alas for women who are pregnant and for those who are nursing infants in those days! 18 Pray that it may not happen in winter. 19 For in those days there will be such tribulation as has not been from the beginning of the creation that God created until now, and never will be. (Mark 13:14–19) (See also Matthew 24:15–21)

Jesus’ own words prove that the greatest era of tribulation began when “the abomination of desolation” took place, which was when the temple in Jerusalem was desecrated and destroyed by the Romans 2,000 years ago in 70 AD (See Daniel 9:26–27, Mark 13:1–5 and Luke 21:20–24). In fact, the Watch Tower Society even misquoted 2 Timothy 2:1–5 to support their teaching that the last days began in 1914, even though the passage says no such thing:

But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. 2 For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, 4 treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people. (2 Timothy 2:1–5)

Conclusion

Because the Watch Tower Society teaches that the last days began in 1914, even though the Bible so clearly teaches that they actually began in the first century 2,000 years ago, the Jehovah’s Witnesses and Watch Tower Society are therefore unbiblical and false prophets. Furthermore, because an honest reading of the above Scriptures would never lead anyone to the conclusion that the last days began in 1914, this shows that this teaching is a deliberate twisting of the Scriptures. It therefore makes one wonder: since they have mishandled such a clear and simple Bible teaching, how many more Bible teachings have they mishandled?

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

jhine: why does it have to be about America. ?

Hey, if it's good enough for Daniel...

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Given that we are half way through August this 17th day of the month I would have to say "yes", we are in the last days--of August.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    some living would not see death before the end came.

He was referring in poetic language to his transfiguration a few days later and possibly about John seeing the realization of the Bible fulfilled when John experienced writing the book of Revelation. Those men experienced it empirically. And don’t forget the realization of the destruction of Jerusalem that just so happened to his contemporaries just as Jesus predicted it would, from his definition of “shikkutz” to the Romans dashing Jewish children to pieces, the destruction of the Temple and more. Very real and I’m convinced.

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

Mark 13:24-27

"But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will be falling out of heaven, and the powers that are in the heavens will be shaken. And then they will see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory. And then he will send out the angels and will gather his chosen ones together from the four winds, from earth’s extremity to heaven’s extremity."

These things haven't happened yet.

If the last days were in the first century, then these things would have happened by now, because it says "in those days, after that tribulation".

There was tribulation in the first century, but Jesus was also talking about a future tribulation that would be greater.

The phrase "last days" can be applied to many different scenarios, as already brought out (ie, "the last days of August"). There were "last days" of Jerusalem in the first century. There were "last days" before the Flood of Noah's day. There were "last days" for Sodom and Gomorrah.

Revelation shows that when the "last days" of this entire system of things begin, religious institutions will be plagued and destroyed. When Jesus takes the throne in heaven and begins his ride, as depicted by the first horse, he will clear out the heavens of God's enemies and also allow the attack on religious institutions in order to clear God's name of reproach. That hasn't happened yet. The "last days" culminating in the final battle of Armageddon haven't started yet. Once the "last days" start, they won't be hundreds of years long. They will be "3 1/2 times", which Revelation shows is the same as 42 months, also called in Revelation "a short period of time".

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Act 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

And when has any of this ever happened ? All we ever get is false prophets who never get anything right.

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

I don't know, smiddy3, it sounds like from your profile you must've run into a "prophet" or something somewhere along the line - you yourself said you're a witness to a resurrection😆...

"smiddy of posts going back 10 years has formally died and been resurrected as smiddy 3 who apparently joined about a year ago. cobweb ,just go to the users and scroll through the pages."
  • Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Q.: Are we living in the LAST DAYS?

A.: YES. We are all MORTAL, and so each of us is living during his own "last days". Our timetables are independent and unrelated, unless we are terminated in some tragic catastrophe involving others. Are we living in the Last Days as foretold in The Book Of Fables? Hell no.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit