Are we living in the LAST DAYS?

by Fisherman 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Are we living in the prophetic last days that will climax into Armageddon? If this is true then how long should it take? As JW saw it, wt compared timing to within a generation using 70 AD as a parallel. Last days shouldn’t last so long. There must be a limit.

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

Have a look at any of the evangelical TV channels - they're all saying that we're living in the last days, and they're all asking for your cash!!!!

If the "world" is coming to an end soon, why do they need my filthy lucre?

Does that sound like any ORG you can think of? 🤣

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

The last days started in the first century according to Joel.

Act 2:14 But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:

Act 2:15 For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.

Act 2:16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;

Act 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

The "last days" of Jerusalem started in the first century. Then Jerusalem was destroyed.

The "last days" of this entire system begin once the great tribulation starts. Then it's 3 1/2 years of tribulation, "a short period of time".

So, no, we're not in the "last days leading to Armageddon" yet.

• cofty
    cofty

No

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

When the great tribulation starts, the generation that sees it start will still be around for when the Armageddon conclusion comes, because it's only 3 1/2 years that "the last days leading to the climax of Armageddon" lasts.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dates_predicted_for_apocalyptic_events

Perhaps not surprisingly, most end-times predictions are expected to happen within the lifetime of the person who was doing the math. JWs are familiar with this, as the end-times predictions made by the society were often expected to happen shortly. Ironically, Russell might be the most notable exception, as he was pegging the 1914 date at least 20 years prior, and barely lived to see it fail.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
  • EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

The "toes" of the Daniel chapter 2 dream image haven't happened yet.

The "feet" of the Daniel chapter 2 dream image are the UN as dominant world power. We're not even at the feet yet, let alone the "toes".

The "stone" that crushes the image in Daniel chapter 2 is the kingdom with Jesus as king. Jesus wasn't king in 1914. When he becomes king, he'll kick Satan out of heaven and then the great tribulation will start on earth. That'll be the beginning of the 3 1/2 year "last days" of this system.

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

@ Rules & Regulations - Mr. Lett of the G.B./faithful slave/guardians of doctrine, i.e. those who cannot be questioned, used one word of Luke 21:11 (pestilence) to "prove" that we're living in the last days.

To Mr. Lett & Co.: the rest of the scripture says, "...and from heaven great signs."

Where are these divinely provided "great signs"? I must have missed them when I was on the loo.

You are anti-Christ - by contradicting Jesus' words: (Acts 1:7) "He said to them: “It does not belong to you to know the times or seasons that the Father has placed in his own jurisdiction."

Stop being false prophets and puppets of a multi-billion dollar business corporation, deluding millions.
    Out of your own mouths you condemn yourselves as charlatans. You know exactly what you are doing!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit