Were YOU Considered A "Good Example" In The Congregation???

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

or were you considered "weak"?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I was the classic "Fine Upstanding Brother" who was on the fast track to elderdom.

• dustyb
    dustyb

i was considered the kid.....

• Puternut
    Puternut

I am not one to speak for myself. But the comment made by others, appears that I was. And many commented of the fact that we had the 'perfect' family. Many called me daily for advise and help. And I was always there for them. They also asked me for help as to how to progress. And from early on, when I was just baptized, I moved rather quickly up the 'spiritual' ladder.

Now that I am df'd, all through out the circuit and district, people are shocked because of this news. They thought it would never happen to me.

• willyloman
    willyloman

Well, let's see: Elder for decades, polished speaker used at Circuit and District conventions, reputation in congregation as excellent teacher. Wife, kids all pio'd. Friends in high places; followed party line; home was designated hospitality center for the congo, yada yada.... Gee, I guess so!

This is not to brag but to point out what they lost when they lost this large, active family of congregation pillars. Since our fade is ongoing, few know about the leakage. I may go public when "all are present and accounted for" with respect to my family, some of whom are still "in" but almost all of whom are now moving slowly toward the earliest possible exit.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Yes, until I stopped going to meetings about three years before I was DA'd.

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

I was the man at the hall. Baptized at 16, aux pioneer at 17, reg pion 18 bethel 18.

Then after all that the let down, crack head sleeping on a train.

From hero to zero....................

• wheres caleb?
    wheres caleb?

What is a "good example"? Someone who is loyal to a routine or someone who has a relationship with God? JW's are only witnesses of each other; they believe that your spirituality can only be measured by works that they feel are relevant. They preach to bring new ones to loveless congregations and this is supposed to be considered being a "good example".

In my personal experience, I was considered to be a BA and a SR; at Bethel no less. Who the hell cares, can you imagine what life would be like if we just tried to please God in a way that exemplifies Jesus example? Sure, Jesus preached, but he backed it up with a lot more than most JW's can claim.

If I were considered a 'good example', who's opinion would matter more, a JW or Jehovah God? JW's, as a religion, are all about self-justification. Their fruitage can be tainted any way they choose, but they still have to accept responsibility for their cruelty and mistakes. I make no excuses for myself and I prefer that distinction than the delusion that JW's have about themselves.

If your question is, were you considered a "good example" in the congregation of JW's? My answer would be, "I hope not".

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

I was pretty much invisible.

• freelife
    freelife

baptized in 94, i did the sound systam, and microphones i was always an attendant for the elderly and handycapped sections at conventions and assemblys. I looked after the teens in the cong being that i was the oldest kid in the hall i was like the big brother. All the parents adored me and said that i was the nicest young person they knew and that someday i would go far in the org. none of them knew that my heart was not really in it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit