Personality Tests (similar to Myer-Briggs)

by LittleToe 47 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

There are further responses on another thread, but I supply them here, for your convenience:

Rem:

I've taken the Myers-Briggs several times and I always come out a very strong INTJ. Of course, INTJ's are very skeptical by nature - so much so that I'm skeptical that the Myers-Briggs evaluation is anything more than a load of crap! :) j/k (I haven't really formed an opinion about the validity of Myers-Briggs tests... I do think that at the very least they are fun and stimulate conversation and thinking).

DrWatson:

Did someone say Myers-Briggs? I seem to test as an INFJ most of the time...sometimes an INTJ.

SeattleNiceGuy:

INTJ here. But I also see the test more as a way of stimulating conversation so as to learn about a person directly from them, than as a way to classify a person so as to learn about them from the book. Conversation fodder, I call it.
  • darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

I'm not sure if I agree with this.

nate, your career personality type is ESFP

That means that based on the standard measure of personality traits, you are well-balanced and place equal importance on work as on your personal life. You are dedicated to maintaining a level of culture in your life and therefore won't sacrifice interesting work for high pay.

With your high energy and chameleon-like adaptabilities, you seek work that is fast-paced and ever-changing. Working directly with people provides you with that outlet. On top of it, you have an uncanny ability to keep peace and maintain a level of serenity and happiness in your environment. If emotions flare up in the room, people look to you to pull out a story or joke that deflates the tension.

You prefer to live in the moment and appreciate what life and work offer now. The future is unknowable and does not draw you in like the present. Part of your easy-going outlook toward the future has to do with knowing that you can adapt to whatever comes your way.

The reason employers and recruiters might be on the lookout for you is that only about 8% of the U.S. population shares the unique characteristics of your personality type. Research shows that businesses succeed when employers create a good balance of personality types in the office. And since only 8% of the U.S. population shares your type, that means employers are looking for you.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

DU29:I tried to access your details, but was unable. Thanks for posting your result.
    What part of it do you disagree with? (or is it ALL of it )

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

Stephen, your career personality type is ENFP

That means that based on the standard measure of personality traits, you have strong organizational and project management skills. When others lose sight of the big picture, you help them to stay focused to see what's important and weed out unnecessary details. You are most fulfilled by your work when you are allowed to think creatively and consider new approaches to work. You are not afraid to take calculated risks and see mistakes or failures as opportunity for growth.

You have a diverse array of interests and are even regarded as a Renaissance type of person. You possess an inspiring zest for life and abound with creativity. You seek venues to express your thoughts and feelings. Your personality and beliefs shine through in most of the work you do.

The reason employers and recruiters might be on the lookout for you is that only about 6% of the U.S. population shares the unique characteristics of your personality type. Research shows that businesses succeed when employers create a good balance of personality types in the office. And since only 6% of the U.S. population shares your type, that means employers are looking for you.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

I'll try explaining it this way. What is in Bold text will be followed by a ++,+,-1,-2 meaning strongly agree,somewhat agree, some what disagree , and strongly disagree. Does that make sense?

That means that based on the standard measure of personality traits, you are well-balanced and place equal importance on work as on your personal life.(++) You are dedicated to maintaining a level of culture in your life(+) and therefore won't sacrifice interesting work for high pay. (++)

With your high energy and chameleon-like adaptabilities(+), you seek work that is fast-paced and ever-changing.(-2) Working directly with people provides you with that outlet.(this one I'm not sure on, but I think strongly disagree) On top of it, you have an uncanny ability to keep peace and maintain a level of serenity and happiness in your environment.(+) If emotions flare up in the room, people look to you to pull out a story or joke that deflates the tension. (+)this is how I got burnt out at my lst job

You prefer to live in the moment and appreciate what life and work offer now.(+) The future is unknowable and does not draw you in like the present.(-1)(I believe that I create my futue.) Part of your easy-going outlook toward the future has to do with knowing that you can adapt to whatever comes your way.

The reason employers and recruiters might be on the lookout for you is that only about 8% of the U.S. population shares the unique characteristics of your personality type. Research shows that businesses succeed when employers create a good balance of personality types in the office. And since only 8% of the U.S. population shares your type, that means employers are looking for you.

...Then again, maybe I am just being overly critical. One of the tests showed that people of my personality type can be easily taken advantage of. After leaving my old job and the JWs, my boundaries have become much more defined. I learned to say "No."

Sorry about creating such a mess, if its not legible, I'll come back and fix it.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

DU29:The format is ok.

So you believe yourself to be slightly more future focussed, and prefer stability to regular change?
    Am I interpreting that correctly?

• Xena
    Xena

Diane, your career personality type is ISTP

That means that based on the standard measure of personality traits, at work, you're the one people come to when a crisis is at hand. Your unflappable demeanor in the face of even the most unanticipated situations makes you the kind of employee all organizations value highly. You thrive under pressure and seek situations involving unpredictability and quick thinking. You prefer to leave the planning to others so you can grab an assignment and run with it. This does not mean that you are incapable of deep thinking; it's just that you use your mental strength and apply it to practical solutions.

You excel in one area and like being the go-to person for your expertise. You don't like being bogged down with planning, but rather thrive on execution. Your drive comes from within and once a task is accomplished, you're not looking back-you are on to the next sensation.

The reason employers and recruiters might be on the lookout for you is that only about 4% of the U.S. population shares the unique characteristics of your personality type. Research shows that businesses succeed when employers create a good balance of personality types in the office. And since only 4% of the U.S. population shares your type, that means employers are looking for you.

Woohoo, that's right, I'm in DEMAND baybeee!!!!!

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29
    So you believe yourself to be slightly more future focussed,

Yes, along the line of I have to make the right choices to get to the future I am seeing. I've got a knack for prescience.

and prefer stability to regular change?
    Am I interpreting that correctly?

I am trying to grow beyond my need for security. Your interpretation was dead on. I have found those tests to be fairly accurate for the most part, and I think I just didn't like the result of this one and another one. I am trying to figure out what part bothers me, and then work from there.
  • LittleToe
    LittleToe

DU29:

I am trying to figure out what part bothers me, and then work from there.

That sounds like a good place to begin. Trying to remember that these tests give us a chance to take a fresh look at ourselves, can help - it's simply a tool. Try not to be too defensive, as there is no right or wrong personality type. You just "are", and that's ok

The future is unknowable and does not draw you in like the present.
    (-1) (I believe that I create my future.)

Whilst you have an overarching "awareness" of the future, and where you are heading, do you find that you can easily concentrate on the short-term goals to acheive that? I don't believe this category means that you pay no attention to the future, only that you spend more time in the here and now, busily "creating" the future that you are aware of.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29
    The future is unknowable and does not draw you in like the present.
    (-1) (I believe that I create my future.)

Whilst you have an overarching "awareness" of the future, and where you are heading, do you find that you can easily concentrate on the short-term goals to acheive that? I don't believe this category means that you pay no attention to the future, only that you spend more time in the here and now, busily "creating" the future that you are aware of.

OK, I am getting confused now, mostly because I am still up late in my part of the world.

I think that that part of the test evaluation is talking about people who worry or obsess about things. I am usually pretty good at avoiding that. I actually creat a visual in my imagination almost like a flow chart. Because I do that, I sometimes get overwhelmed easily. I have done alot the past few years to simplify my life.

I just lost my thought train, so I am going to wrap up here and go to bed. I'm a cronic insomniac, have been since the age of 14. I'll try and pick this up tomorrow. Good night.

Nate

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit