What can the leadership at Watchtower do to turn things around?

by UnshackleTheChains 59 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

VANDERHOVEN & HALF BANANA:

I totally agree. The religion will never admit those things though. Admit they were wrong and have no special relationship with any divinity?? That'll be the day.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Personally I think this religion is so ingrained in corruption and foul I don't think it can reverse its doctrines, too many people have died too many families destroyed.

So the final answer must be .......

http://successmediasolutions.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/closedSmallBusiness.jpg

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains
    Personally I think this religion is so ingrained in corruption and foul I don't think it can reverse its doctrines, too many people have died too many families destroyed

Mmmm...Has Watchtower gone too far beyond the pale to turn things around? Time will tell!

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

They have a two-pronged strategy - sustain assets and wait. If they wait 20-30 years they can re-emerge with a new message. No one who remembers the past will be alive.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

NEWYORK44M:

I believe you are right. If the religion can weather the storm and can accumulate enough money, they will emerge at a later date like you say with a new message.

It will NOT matter one bit what any JW or ex-JW living today has gone through!! Ditto for those JWs who passed away.. It will not matter how much they suffered; how damaged; what they have given up - whether it be lost family, lost opportunity etc.

None of this will be remembered or even matter at that time in the future with a newly rebranded Witness religion, populated by a whole new crew who would never relate...I'm sorry if this depresses anybody, but this is a more likely scenario than the religion being brought down or destroyed. Just think about it: do any modern day people give a second thought about those who lived a century ago?

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I believe there will be a total rebranding of the religion. But this rebranding can only take place after the likes of us are dead.

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

WT could use some of the billions they collected in a worlwide last campaign....then make the actually mandatory preaching an 'optional thing' saying in change "you should testify by living an exemplary, Christian life" but they are not going to do that....at least in our lives.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

My personal bias is that it does shut down for numerous reasons.

Any organization that is structured upon human ignorance, fear, obligation and guilt and an deliberate exploitation of these, has to eventuate a destructive folly for humanity.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I hope they never ever turn things around .I don`t want them to reform or change their ways ,I want them to go into oblivion if that`s at all possible.(though I doubt it will happen in the near foreseeable future)

The damage they have done to millions of people with their policy`s since their inception in the late 1800`s ,and (that is no exaggeration saying millions) ,reform or change in policy`s now would not do justice for all the suffering and wrongs that have been endured by members over all these years and is still being endured by members and there family`s still under the control of this sect.

• stillMS
    stillMS

BTW, rebranding and forgetting old stuff is not smth. new.

When I started 'Bible study' with JWs quite a while ago, they also told me that they've been 'a bit crazy' in the old days (blaming mostly individual rank-and-file) - but now they've sorted everything out, and everything is ok.

They can try this trick again on a greater scale (i.e. introduce it as a 'New light') - just this time, with Google available, it won't be that easy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit