Sorry cant delete. Please see below
What can the leadership at Watchtower do to turn things around?
- Liquidate all their wealth and give it to people who lost their loved ones due to refusal of blood.
- Give the rest to real charity.
- Admit their misleading and cover ups.
- GB should go and work(Real) for their living.
Put yourself in the Governing Body's shoes. They are well aware of all the issues they are facing. They know their numbers (They 'do the math' as they say in the US). They MUST do something (AND SOON) to end all the bad press and the consequential loss in membership.
So what steps do the leadership need to take in order to turn things around before it's too late?.
In another post I attacked what I believe are the worst operational things in that organization. I'm not going to repeat that post, but here are a few things I believe that are doing wrong now:
- Trying to make a lot of money out of people that they themselves discourage from making money
- They are obsessed with controlling the lives of their followers
- They have no clue about anything related to early childhood education, child psychology, not a clue. Same thing for anything and anyone who reflects the diversity in this world
- This is not only the WT, but they could use at least an introductory course in diversity and inclusion (baffles me that they are in NYC and still behave the way they do)
- They have under-educated, unskilled, brainwashed people giving advice to people on important life events and decisions, hence, people are receiving horrible advice
- They don't believe in referring to professional mental health when clearly some people need it
- They are horrible at managing technology; they do not believe in innovation, and when they do, their controlling ways trump innovation
- They are finally downsizing in the printed word now, because they have been bleeding money out of using a medium that over a century ago worked, but doesn't anymore
- They cannot even start understanding the concepts of organizational development, change management, organizational psychology, those concepts are completely foreign to them. They insist in managing their organization the way they did in the 19th century
- Their ridiculous pompous grandiosity about what they do and how they do things, making assess of themselves, makes them look just pathetic and unappealing to people
- I didn't even mentioned how they divide families and take so many other actions and take no responsibility for ruining some people's lives
That's just the basics. If they can change a good 80% of that, they could be more successful.
Oh. I forgot to mention in my previous post about the child/adult safeguarding policy. Yeah, they need to get real on that one!!!
Admit that their entire religion is built on speculation including their claim to appointment over the household of faith; while proclaiming that salvation is based on relationship with Jesus Christ alone, by grace alone, through faith alone ... in his redeeming blood alone, having nothing to do with organizational membership or works of self-righteousness.
Admit they have been protecting pedophiles
Admit they have been instituted shunning requirements for extra-biblical reasons.
Admit they have created man-made commands and enforced them as if they were the commands of God and that some of these commands risked lives and health of members
Admit they have never interpreted Bible prophecy correctly
Admit that the 1914 generation is bogus and that overlapping generations was just further speculation to account for unfulfilled pronouncements and expectations
Admit they have joined the UN for a period of 10 years
And the list goes on...
I am in agreement Van.
What can they do?
Come clean and admit to the world that they have always been wrong in virtually everything they have ever said, done, published or broadcast.
Solemnly declare they have no special relationship with any divinity and that their religion is a failure as a prophetic institution and that they have perpetuated a fraud.
They can dissolve all arms of their worldly empire and shut up shop.
They can apologise to those who they have taken advantage of or who have suffered loss of lives, loss of self esteem, family closeness, earning capacity et cetera because of their teachings-- and return WT wealth back to their supporters and contributors in part compensation.
Since their insane then all they can really do is shoot them selves in the head. They will be sorely missed, NOT!
Simple. To just be decent, law obeying people that ACTUALLY obey the command to love your neighbour as yourself.
I think the Governing Body already see the writing on the wall so to speak and are taking moves right now to liquidate assets at a pace that doesn't raise too many alarms and they have no one left to watch over their Kingdom Hall properties before they are eventually all sold. They have to start off gradually now so as to keep the faithful under control but soon it will pick up pace and these GB have no alternative but to replace the motto: "Advertise, Advertise Adverise" with "Sell Sell Sell"!
A young GB member and a dynamic speaker..Hell the GB members today are too old and out of touch, who will join a religion when the leaders have one foot in the grave. My old Baptist church membership was down, a young minster arrived and the choir grew, membership increased there was joy in their hearts. HE was young, nice looking and he gave the opening pray at M. Jackson memorial..