Question for you Men: Are you a ...

by codeblue 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    I have been a hopeless lunatic when I was helplessly in love

I couldn't have said it better.

It almost sounds like many here are confused between romance and playfulness.

This is romance:

I wanted to do something special so I bought 2nd row tickets to the lion king play in LA, it was hard to get tickets at all at the time. I flew us both down from the bay. We stayed at nice hotel at universal studios, we shared a room but had twin beds, I was a gentlemen. We arrived had a nice dinner and went to the play. The next day we got up, played in universal studios for the day, and went out to santa monica and watched the sunset. Then had a nice quiet outside dinner in some garden restaruant with candles and wine and lots of laughing. We went back and I gave her a foot massage with oils cause her feet hurt. The next day at brunch there was live piano player singing 40's love songs. I knew the words because I liked harry konnick jr. so he gave me a unplugged mike and I serenaded her. Although only she could really hear me, it was in front of 60 people or so and I am not usually that bold. It was a good weekend and all I got was a kiss on the check and hand holding on the beach.

This is being playful:

I love to play with my girl friend who is now my wife, we go into stores or anywhere for that matter and she bends over and we dry hump and make sugestive remarks to each other. We both find it very relaxing and funny when we see the looks people give us. We do it on the street corner and drivers almost go through red lights, it cracks me up.

Now, trust me. I've analyzed the shit out of this stuff. Being playful is a major element that keeps the relationship alive - or if you will, the meat (there are also other things: the potatoes, the corn, etc). Romance is just a spice - too much can turn a relationship into a pile of yuck that gets thrown in the trash.

What really gets me is how the "spice" is often used in a relationship as part of the main course. Would you really eat a whole portion of oregano? Romance is a great addition to a relationship when used lightly.

A guy who is a "hopeless romantic" is one who forces himself to like the smell and taste of pure oregano because it is his girlfriend's favorite spice.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Afraid I am....

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

To quote the commercial, "Romantic, what's that?"

I can be, and sometimes still am, but I'm just too practical for my own good I guess.

• onintwo
    onintwo

Definitely! Example: If she tells me she'll be going to the mall on Saturday, if later in the day I'm any where near the area I'll drive through the parking lot til I find her car and leave a love note inside it. Just to say I was/am thinking of her.

Things like that. Little stuff. Doesn't have to be sexual at all. I like to plan surprise get-aways for us, too.

Onintwo

• Maverick
    Maverick

Women are the picture and I am the frame. When I'm with a special lady there are no other women on the planet. Doors are opened, chairs are pulled, womens needs are first. I walk in front down the stairs, she walks in front up the stairs, I walk on the street side. I do this with all women, even my daughter! If the TV is on and a woman starts to talk, hitting the mute botton is my first act. Then look at the woman as she speaks! The feminine form is God most elegant work of art. And as with all art she should be viewed as a gift. And when intimate, each encounter is treated as if it may be the last time we ever will be together...it might just be! Now I ask you....am I a romantic? Maverick

• shotgun
    shotgun

I almost echo onintwo with a few small changes

Definitely! Example: If she tells me she'll be going to the mall on Saturday,I sneak out to an apostafest if later in the day I'm any where near the area I'll drive through the parking lot til I find her car to make sure she's still there and leave a love note inside it. Just to say I was/am thinking of her.

Things like that. Little stuff. Doesn't have to be sexual at all in fact it almost never is. I like to plan surprise get-aways for us, too.her in one place and me in another

I am a romantic, not hopeless..clueless maybe

• freelife
    freelife

I try to be that way. I like to give the flowers and candy. I like to give rose petal surrounded bubble baths. I like to cook dinner and put on a romantic cd and turn the lights out and light up candles. i like to give sentual massages.

Clint

• Eric
    Eric

Well, though I've sometimes been a nomad, going where the work was, living out of a duffel bag, I have hung on to the mash notes written to me by a girl I had a mad crush on in high school...

...In a little cedar box, kept along with a tress of her hair. (sigh)

Eric

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

I am more hopelessly sentimental and very playful. I can see how candles at dinner and scented oils and all that stuff could be fun. But I'd rather go play. I'd rather take a date on a jet-ski ride or camping and a bonfire or even 4X4 over old Blewitt pass.

• bisous
    bisous

shotgun, I laughed so hard I snorted!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit