The moon as a possible energy source?

by Big Tex 60 Replies latest social current

• Okram
    Okram

Will removing large amounts of it's mass affect it's orbit? Or less it's affect on the earths tides?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

A history of things to come...

1. Put a base on the moon
    2. Private investors place property on the moon
    3. Private citizens live on the moon
    4. Moon becomes "colonized"
    5. Moon declares indipendence from earth
    6. Earth gets pissed off at energy being supplied or not supplied on the whim of the Moonies
    7. War breaks out between the Earth and the Moon.
    8. Moon stops all shipments of H3 to Earth.
    9. Earth invades the Moon.
  • Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Who has the right to rape the moon?

Define rape.

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

This is all a cunning ploy so Halliburton can make more money exploiting the rest of the solar system. At least that's the Democrat

• Satanus
    Satanus

Bigtex

I'm sorry. At first, when i read about this, i too felt joy. Then, first a faint mist, hardly more than a figment of a cloud of doubt drifted in, unnoticed by me. As it built subtly, it suddenly popped into my conscious awareness, and poof, i was back in my 'all politicians are liars/manipulators' mode. I think i'll go see a doctor, or have a drink, or something.

SS

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

It doesn't really matter anyway. Most people think the Apollo landings were faked. If Fox produced a show about it, they might think the earth is really flat too.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

No I'm sorry SS.

I just didn't want this to devolve into I Love Bush/I hate Bush.

I just think the future can be so interesting. It doesn't have to be doom and gloom like the WTS told us. I mean, think of the possibilities of something like can have for humanity. That's all I meant.

• Satanus
    Satanus
    I mean, think of the possibilities of something like can have for humanity.

I agree. I also think newer and better energy sources are inevitable.

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

I think it would be great. The only way we're going to establish a permanent presence in space is if there's something to exploit, and I don't mean that in a bad way. Fusion fuel woul be a great start, we get cheap energy and live on the moon, what could be better!

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Dearest Gita..........,

I just love how you technological types get your backs up and resort to name calling to intimidate your fellow earth citizens who are looking for alternatives to destructive technology. The bottom line for these kinds of technology is to make as much money as quickly as possible. The earth is in serious trouble already, because of this thinking. Does it really make sense to you to extend this type of thinking outwards to the other planets in our solar system?

Terri

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit