disfellowshipped for having a personal opinion based on WT

by Leslie 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Leslie have you read "Crises of Conscience" by Governing Body member Ray Franz ? ,(He also disassociated). If not please, please obtain a copy asap. I think it will clear so much up for you.

Watchtower directs the elders to have no compassion to those who are different in any way. They make no allowances for the sick, the elderly, those with differences of neurological development or depression etc It's just incredibly unloving. I'm very sorry for your situation.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Crisis of Conscience is a work of art

But IMHO....it was Ray Franz' In Search of Christian Freedom which was the real clincher.

Crisis of Conscience is readily available on Amazon.

It takes some digging to get In Search of Christian Freedom.

Still waiting for its re-release though

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

Welcome Leslie. I went a good bit further than you did: when I started to 'see' certain teachings conflicted/opposed what the Bible actually said, I shared them with the whole congregation via the WT study or Sevice Meeting Q&A items.

I always quoted scriptures to confirm what I was saying. Not once was I ever questioned by elders at the end of any meeting.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7
    As it stands my status is that of a disfellowshipped apostate ostracized from close family members.

Unfortunately injustices like this happen when you are in a cult.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

100% correct comment.

Cult practices like shunning....losing family, friends & such are hallmark ways of a cult.

Injustices & misfortune off the chart.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Do everything the Borg says Not to do.

Like making friends outside of the Borg....prior to fading or exiting the Borg.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

BETH SARIM:

You are absolutely right about would-be ‘Faders’ making contacts outside the religion beforehand!

I made sure I had everything planned beforehand.. I wasn’t raised a JW and was employed so it was easier for me as opposed to some JW who has No contacts outside the religion.. This keeping JWs isolated from the ‘world’ keeps them trapped, in my opinion. Anybody wanting to leave the religion needs to secretly cultivate contacts outside!!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

The Borg cultivates isolation and dependence on it.

No outside contact, as little as possible.

Welll, I've always practised the opposite. Cultivating friendships outside,,,doing everything opposite what the Borg insists. LOL.

• Longlivetherenegades
    Longlivetherenegades

Is there a way you can read In search of Christian Freedom by Raymond Franz and remain in this religious organization? 😂😂😂😂

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

In my experience as a successful fader, when dealing with JWs, is the less said the better off you’ll be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit