FYI, Eloise Dupuis, 27, a JW, died last Wednesday in a Quebec hospital because she refused a blood transfusion

by AndersonsInfo 46 Replies latest watchtower medical

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

I`m not exactly sure why I'm so mad about the fact that JWs are trying to shift the blame. By now, I should be able to expect these things and not be surprised at all. Yet, this morning, I feel anger. They know that their scriptural basis is so weak that, instead of being proud that this woman would have died for greater principles, they try to dismiss it all away purely on medicine: Its not the lack of blood, its a virus.

This is driving me crazy this morning.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I`m not exactly sure why I'm so mad about the fact that JWs are trying to shift the blame.

Shouldn't the local JWs be hailing her as a "martyr" for their cause?

• Half banana
    Half banana

So very sad for this family and if they are to wake up from their religious delusion in the future, how much more tragic it will be to realize that the death of their loved one was avoidable.

The JW org should be held to account for all of the deaths encouraged by pushing the no-blood dogma with its reckless disregard for precious human lives.

The world must learn how dangerous this cult is.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" The JW org should be held to account for all of the deaths encouraged by pushing the no-blood dogma with its reckless disregard for precious human lives.

The world must learn how dangerous this cult is"

My thoughts exactly.

We need to now do something, not just keep wringing our hands and saying how sad this is,.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Phizzy, The article I posted earlier states there is a criminal investigation of the JWs because of this. The friends of the deceased lady are speaking out in the media. It sounds like something is being done, and something very effective indeed.

I do not recall ever hearing JWs being criminally investigated for interfering with medical consent, and I'm going to bet the times friends and family instigated that are few and far between.

This situation is unique and groundbreaking.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Here is a translated version of a news article posted 4 hours ago, more recent than the others, and with different content.

Eloise Dupuis, 27, decided to give birth to her first child in a birth center. However, due to complications, she was transferred to the Hotel-Dieu de Lévis where we had to make an emergency Caesarean section.

..Ms. Zélezen was not with her friend for all medical interventions, but she was present at his bedside when he died.

"Is she could change her mind? Yes, she believes. Is she just said to his family and does not know? [...] I do not know if she accepted a transfusion and eyes were closed, or if it has a total refusal of blood transfusion. "

The friend of Eloise Dupuis said in an interview with VAT News she wants the family and relatives of the young woman for what happened. "There is an army behind it. We're going to change things, "she said.

A coroner investigating the causes and circumstances of the death of the woman. Its work should be finished in a few weeks.

• yalbmert99
    yalbmert99

They speak a lot about it on Québec tv today, reports, interviews, etc.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry
    The friend of Eloise Dupuis said in an interview with VAT News she wants the family and relatives of the young woman for what happened. "There is an army behind it. We're going to change things, "she said.

Interesting article with leaked info:

http://jwsurvey.org/news/news-bulletin-eloise-dupuis-dead-at-27-watchtower-claims-another-victim-son-left-motherless

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Humph. That's interesting.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/quebec-jehovahs-witness-death-young-mom-investigation-1.3806578

When I first read this article on CBC, the comment section was open and there were many comments, and almost all of them were critical of the JWs. Today, all the comments are gone and the comment section is no longer open.

Someone must not have liked what was being said.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

They still talk about this in the news this morning. Unfortunately, most JWs are shifting the blame entirely on the infection that finally killed here, dismissing away the fact that a blood transfusion would have helped her fight this thing. Not helping the matter, the news have not be entirely accurate. They have reported that she basically bleed out. I believe that the news reported would have been a more effective if they had said: "Due to religious beliefs, this woman ignored the doctors advice and choose a much less effective treatment, leading to her death. Thus, it is probable that her belief caused her death."

Even than, even if there is a small doubt that a blood transfusion could have saved her, JWs are going to take that and runaway with it: "You don't know for sure!"

What troubles me even more is that many JWs are saying that blood transfusions are just bad medicine, and that the treatment would have been worst than the alternative she has received. How delusional can you get?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit