In case you want to see mass quantities of ignorance / stupidity on display....a dinosaur thread on JWTalk

by sir82 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ sir82...

Damn, you're right; what was I thinking???

• Londo111
    Londo111

"Can anyone readjust my thinking here?"

LOL. That says it all.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Can't be arsed to read their nonsense, I just had a great meal and don't want to lose it, but just working off the Thread title, the Bible says sweet fuck all about Dinosaurs, the Bronze Age guys who wrote that nonsense knew nothing about them.

Anything to add ?

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Really is astonishing. When you read the posts it becomes evident that they are looking at the bible as the main source of scientific evidence. And it the bible doesn't say it, just shrug the shoulders and say "We don't know".

One of the genius says: "The meat eaters where there to keep the population of the herbivores down. That's about it for my idea."

So let's see... Jellohoba creates an ecosystem that is not in balance, and once he realizes he fucked up, he then has to create more animals to eat the ones that are reproducing more effectively. Idiots.....

And btw, don't Jdrones believe that animals only became carnivorous after the flood? I guess this genius forgot that.

• undercover
    undercover
    There is no direct reference to dinosaurs in the Bible.

Well, in my very first New World Translation there was. Dino was roaming the desert on the inside cover.

• sir82
    sir82

don't Jdrones believe that animals only became carnivorous after the flood?

One of the posts there speculates that all dinos were herbivores.

Maybe some JWs still believe what Fred Franz wrote in a QFR in teh 60's or 70's - that pre-flood predators' teeth were used to "shred heavy vegetation" like coconuts.

I just got this mental image of a T. Rex munching on a coconut - too funny.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Yeah, my old green Bible had a dino too. That proves it!

• sir82
    sir82

Well, in my very first New World Translation there was. Dino was roaming the desert on the inside cover.

If I ever start a band, I think I'll name it "Green Bible Dinosaurs".

• Magnum
    Magnum

You're right about their being clueless. And to think, they think they have the one and only truth and that everybody else is ignorant and clueless.

Question about that site: Hasn't "the Society" said it doesn't want JWs having online discussions and "speculating" about stuff like that*? If so, then what's the deal with these JWs?

*I don't think it wants them even discussing such in person. With the passing of time, the more JWs look wrong and the more they will have to stick to Mickey Mouse stuff at their meetings, in their literature, etc., and the less the org wants them talking about deep doctrinal stuff, prophetic stuff, and stuff like dinosaurs and how they fit into JW theology. The days of confidence in their theology are gone. The days of bold arguing are gone. The days of "deep" material in literature are gone. They have virtually wiped Fred Franz from their history, and they play it safe with their newer literature.

• Freedom rocks
    Freedom rocks

Okay........

I have no words

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit