Ray's Books. And Copyrights!

by DwainBowman 75 Replies latest jw friends

• JRK
    JRK

Why don't they go after Bezos for the money owed them, I hear Jeff has deep pockets?

JK

• talesin
    talesin
    it cant take 18 months to transfer through the Library of Congress , I'm sorry but I'm just not accepting that we live in the 21st century not the 18th, and I like most of us have read the links,

Obfuscate: obscure, confuse, make unclear, blur, muddle, complicate, overcomplicate, muddy, cloud, befog

(JRK, you inspired me to write that, the word "minion" comes to mind as well.)

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

To the person who started this thread: Thank you. I was so happy to read Deborah's own words.

I'm angry for what has happened with the copyright violation issues. Grateful to see that things are finally being resolved. So grateful that I just contributed to her cause.

-AudeSapere (meaning: Dare to Know; Dare to Have Wisdom/Understanding; Dare to Think for Yourself)

edit to add: I still have my original copies of CoC and ISOCF that I purchased directly from Commentary Press about 13 years ago. I had already walked away from the org over a decade before then. The books helped me understand that I was correct in my decision to leave and that I would never, ever return. People can leave without the books, but having them helps us to understand that which we likely could not know without Ray's personal details of what occurs/occured behind closed doors with the GB. -Aude.

• Simon
    Simon
    The books helped me understand that I was correct in my decision to leave and that I would never, ever return. People can leave without the books, but having them helps us to understand that which we likely could not know without Ray's personal details of what occurs/occured behind closed doors with the GB.

I agree, I don't think they make anyone leave - you're probably on the way out if you are opening the cover. But they do really help you to leave with confidence and not get drawn back in by doubts that the big A is going to zap you.

The WTS is like the sunk-cost of waiting at a bus station in the rain and you don't want to leave incase the bus comes just after you have. Ray's books are a tannoy announcement that the bus isn't coming so you can stop waiting, go get dry and not waste your time.

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss

IMHO

1. COC is an amazing book. I was already partially awake, it def helped me to fully snap out of the trance. I have not read ISOCF.

2. I am glad this book was available online for free. In my barely awakened state there is no way I would have searched it out at a library or other source. I didn't know it was an illegal copy as it was on a well known iPad app. I wish some exjdub philanthropist with deep pockets and some know how would buy the rights and make it available freely to all. It's an incredibly valuable book to witnesses who are starting to wake up,

3. It seems that Ray made a poor judgement call in who he left the rights to this book too. I have no doubt that she is a terrific person but obviously she has little publishing knowledge. I think I am a really good person and a great friend but if someone left me publishing rights to a book I would have no idea what to do with it.

Iggy

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas
    Ignoranceisbliss, your avatar name is SO well chosen, it gives me chills.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit