Ray's Books. And Copyrights!

by DwainBowman 75 Replies latest jw friends

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

TGND: So I guess when we download the "Shepherd the Flock of God" book or host a link to download it, Watchtower gets pretty angry too?

Yes.

Doing so is a copyright violation.

When I do that, I KNOW I am breaking a law. I am doing it deliberately and with full and complete comprehension of the possible consequences. For me it is an act of civil disobedience, albeit a relatively small one.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

"... embarrassing and makes the exjw community look like idiots..."

Which, in my experience, is a fairly accurate assessment.

Most oranges ARE NOT apples, right?

If MOST JWs are "idiots" (and they are, in my opinion) then how would it be possible that most XJWs are not also idiots?

Most XJWs became XJWs by being THROWN OUT of the Borg, not by experiencing a personal "Crisis of Conscience" (or "Conscious." if you are a REALLY idiotic XJW).

These disfellowshipped JWs come to a discussion board and find that there are GOOD REASONS to abandon the Watchtower form of religion, and soon they are going, "Yeah! ME TOO!"

...but they are STILL idiots, and they prove it on a daily basis.

• under the radar
    under the radar

If we download or distribute a copy of Flocking the Sheep, we are helping expose some of the inner workings of a self-serving money-grubbing mind-control cult, not taking bread out of the mouth of a poor widow. Big difference.

There is no monetary value to Flocking the Sheep. The Watchtower's copyright for it and other "confidential" material is purely an effort to hide their true machinations and intentions from their victims, uh, I mean, followers. The Society has always been legalistic, but now more than ever it has become duplicitous and underhanded, greedy and grasping, and evermore self-aggrandizing, arrogant, and presumptuous.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yeah we are mostly idiots you are right Nathan. And as John Cleese says, it's somewhat ironic that stupid people lack exactly the skills needed to identify that they are stupid. Ha!

http://youtu.be/nIQSGHN8710

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    Under the Radar; you do know that Cynthia Franz passed away 2 years ago?
  • DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

UTR I like that. "Flocking the Sheep"

When I first opened my eyes and really started seeing what was in front of them all along, I found a pdf of CoC, and downloaded it. It made a big impact on me. Well I don't know what price will be put on the CoC book, or epub, when it comes out. So I am mailing a check for $25 to Deborah. When the new copies of Ray's books come out I will buy a copy of each!!

Over the years, back in the mid to late 70's, I met both Ray and Fred. In my short visit with them, Fred came across, as a very self righteous, self important wind bag! Ray, seamed like a normal guy, easy to chat with. I was just a lowly MS, doing stage security for what was a special meeting.

I remember when CoC, came out, and we were all warned about this super apostate, and his EVIL book CoC. I was over at an eldubs house one night in his office. I saw a copy of CoC on his book shelf. I ask about it. He said that he got it so, he could know the lies written in it, and be ready to refute them. He has a son that is still a friend of mine. His son was in bethell for 6 years, and was there during the witch hunt, that saw Ray leave bethell, and the aftermath. He saw a number of strong hard working brothers, shaken to the point they either left or were ask to leave, for asking to many question. This guy after leaving bethell, came back an MS, but quickly was removed, and soon drifted out of the borg. I just caught up with him in the past few months. He say, his over all time at bethell, killed what faith he had in the borg. I ask him if he knew Ray, he said yes but only in passing. I then ask if he knew that his dad had a copy of CoC, he didn't know, but that his dad had ask a number of question, he had to get from having read that book. But after confirming a few of the stories about life at bethell, his dad stopped asking questions.

Anyway, it will be great to have a real printed copy of Ray's book's. I hope someone will write an update to the book, so as to reflect some of the money grabbing etc, of the borg!!!!

Dwain

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Was there any real need for debate in the first place. The law 's the law and printing up copies of someone elses book is breaking it. End of.

And may I say thank goodness for that, maybe now we can get back to our regular program of lighting a tiny little fire under the huge filthy rich butt of WT.

• Khaleesi
    Khaleesi

For some reason the guy in question suspended his twitter account?? Hmmmm wonder why

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

Well, then the guy in question is not the guy in question that I thought was the guy in question. This is all stupid petulant much ado about nothing and embarrassing as hell.

What about Watchtower? Does anyone care anymore about exposing them or are we more obsessed with guys in question?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    The guy in question, has a serious case of egg-on-face and would be in damage control- big time!.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit