For Those Claiming That the GB are Simply Naive - Another Philly Story

by berrygerry 21 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

This is a PR nightmare for the WTS and the way they are handling it is the worst possible way. It's as if they are so wrapped up in their belief they are God's chosen ones that to think they made an error in how things are handled and need to apologize to the victims and rethink their procedures is almost unimaginable. Society in general is much less willing to turn a blind eye to abuse as they have in the past. Organizations like the WTS and others need to change or ultimately they will be forced to by either external pressure or internal pressure.

Well written article

• steve2
    steve2

JW organization’s policies on responding to child sex allegations are the outcome of a doggedly patriarchal rulership that sees things exclusively from the male adult point of view.

And now they are justly reaping the consequences.

Lett’s part in this is now irrefutable: He well knows there is a problem with sex abuse cover-ups and, cheered on by his male comrades, declares there is no problem and that the organization he co-leads is supportive and protective of children. He is a bald-faced liar.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Here in Australia, the HIGHEST ranked Catholic Bishop is due to be sentenced to jail for not reporting sex abuse cases he was made aware of.

If that happens, a valuable legal precedent will be set to show that failure to report is punishable!

If one of the GB also is made to stand trial, I wonder if the rest of the GB will hang him out to dry and abandon him??

• Dagney
  • doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799

So sad.... makes me cry. And mad too. The culture of denial is sickening.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

When did anyone of the GB tell the truth? Only Raymond Franz did and he got the boot. No cushy pension plan for him!

Look up narcissist / psychopath. They lie for the thrill of it.

What happened to this girl at age 5 is horrible. This was no child play with another 5 year old. Her attacker was 14 years old! What about his parents? Did they feel no shame and not feel a need to report and possibly get their son some help? If not, why not?

Everything is wrong here. Unfortunately I have seen it too many times among JW..org's, god chosen... only true people... Point the finger at the victim and let the perpetrator go free. Discusting continious behavior Watchtower!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    stuckinarut2 - "If one of the GB also is made to stand trial, I wonder if the rest of the GB will hang him out to dry and abandon him?"

Can't speak for all of 'em, but I think I know which way Spanky McTightypants would vote (unless, of course, he was the one put on the stand).

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    If one of the GB also is made to stand trial, I wonder if the rest of the GB will hang him out to dry and abandon him??

Without doubt @Stucky.

No matter who, the individual is nothing; the hive must be protected at all costs!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Honestly...

...I'm angry that the WTS can't/won't reform this...

...but at the same time...

...part of me doesn't want them to, so they'll get smacked that much harder for it, 'cause they deserve it so bad.

What's that say about me?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Bumped for those who missed this post...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit