Sagely advice of a CO

by Vidqun 32 Replies latest social humour

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    Thank you for this post! It was very encouraging!! ~ Sue

Sue got down-voted for this comment, but in fact, I think it IS very encouraging.......

IT IS ENCOURAGING THAT CO'S MUST DELIVER THIS MESSAGE.

WHY?

Because the majority of JW's ARE TIRED. Tired of all the bullshit and tired of seeing that the promises of WT/JW are FAILING/FALSEHOODS.

• luckynedpepper
    luckynedpepper

What solutions did he offer for being tired and depressed?

Let me guess; Prayer, bible reading, meetings and field service.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Isn't it WONDERFUL that the C.O. was able to use the Book Of Fables to assuage the ennui of the exhausted and depressed Brothers and Sisters?

Revitalizing "water" flowing from the culvert beneath the throne of JW.ORG!

SALIVATION is by WORKS, not grace! Grace was the singer with Jefferson Airplane, and has no place in the lives of loyal Dubnauts!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

“Dubnauts”, LOL! 😄

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Maybe to resurrect this thread a bit is coming to realize the best way to not be "drained or tired"" is perhaps by not being there (at the KH).

I know sunk cost fallacy.

One of the worst feelings is realizing you've been duped,suckered,,,hoodwinked or whatever.

Numerous reasons why the $heeple look drained,, tired or whatever.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Ive heard a circus overseer tell me recently that he who needs to work on meeting nights or field serv-us time,,like on Saturdays,,is ""spiritually immature"".

Now ignorant is that???

When you consider all the people who work 2nd shift,,like the 3 to 11pm shift or nightshifts these days.

But when you hear some ignoramus who is soooo completely out of touch with reality.

I guy who has probably never worked a full day in his life,,,changed a tire on a car,, or applied for a job.

That comment from a circus overseer struck a nerve like I nobody ever could

• New day
    New day

On a similar note, when our congregation changed meeting times from days that suited the particular working patterns in our country to days that were completely unsuitable and would cause huge problems for working JWs, the coordinator of the body of elders (a special pioneer with no idea of what happens in the real world) told a brother who protested that “this is a test of your faith, brother.” As any UK readers here will appreciate, he was what Del Boy would say was ‘a right plonker.’

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

BETH SARIM & NEW DAY:

Wow, this never ends!

Even though I’m long Out, it kills me to hear about moronic elders and circuit overseers STILL knocking secular work!!! This brings back bad memories of what was said to me years ago. Thankfully I never listened.

Here we are at a time when there are the hugest amounts of needy Witnesses in congregations since so many reached retirement age with NO preparation since they hardly worked - yet some idiots are still telling people not to work. “It’s a test of your faith, brother.”..They don’t care about anybody’s welfare. Maybe some day HE will be tested.

They could starve for all I care.

Even though I’m Out because of 1995, I would not tolerate being around needy Witnesses who never worked looking for handout$. 👎

• Bribie
    Bribie

So many brothers and sisters are worn out and tired because Satans system keeps dragging on. I live in the 4th wealthiest country in the world but cost of living is high and it’s a constant struggle to well just to survive. It’s very disturbing for some in the organisation to think and say that we need to even increase our activity. This is absurd as such thinking is not understanding the reality of these current critical times. But the elders I know are much like me and come from a trades working background and truly understand the stress and strain of dealing with the current situation. I still find incredible comfort and help just reading and meditating on the daily text. Just because the end has not yet come, does that mean it won’t come some day?

The signs that Jesus gave that identify these last days are so blatantly obvious that Jehovah must soon act. Human survival is being impacted and questioned. Armageddon will come and I certainly do not feel any guilt about not being able to do as much as I once was able to in the truth. We are not serving men and men are so imperfect and at times out of touch with others personal situations and circumstance. Often as days and time goes by one’s situation improves and once again you can get on top of the difficulties and hardships. Keeping a positive attitude and looking to the real life really helps me. I sincerely hope the good caring people on this site keep the inevitable arrival in the near future of the new world alive and secure in their hearts.

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

Please can someone explain to me why he used this text? JWs don't feel drained for some days. It's 24/7 for years. They have the cooperation demands jobs they have. Then they have watchtower cooperation demands on them also. They always take bible verses that have nothing too do with situation

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit