OK you New Yorkers, WHERE ARE YOU!

by jst2laws 25 Replies latest jw friends

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

Thats very true also, people in big cities are cubbied up in thier little hole, scared to meet strangers, trying to survive on a daily basis.

But, if a fest was held in the city or thereabouts I would attend if work didn't interfere. I was very close to attending the Philly fest in Jan, but I had to go to work. I go to Philly regularly for clothes shopping and the Philly cheesteaks at Jims steaks on Cottman Av.

• Larry
    Larry

I'm a a native New Yorker, heart and soul. Born in Harlem Hospital, raised on the Lower East Side of Manhattan, went to the Lower Manhattan Congo. Got married in '86 and moved to Coney Island, went to the Coney Island Congo, then moved to Staten Island (that's where all my doubts began), went to the Mid-Island Congo. I still live on Staten Island and work in Manhattan (Wall st area).

I haven't met up with the JW-Meet yet - conflicting schedules. Went to to the silent lambs march. In fact, I think I met jst2laws there.

I haven't been on this web site in a long time. I don't know what made me come here tonight, but I'm glad I did.

Peace - Larry

• mouthy
    mouthy

Hi!

Grace...do me a favor..I can not
    post because of webtv...If you can
    post those from NY - and just tell
    them that there is group of ex-JW
    who meet once a month in
    Manhatten...the group is composed
    of secular and those ex-JWs who
    have become Christians and those
    ex-JW or belive in God, but are not
    Christians...If they will e-mail me
    I can send them some information.

Thanks -Call John at [email protected]

• mouthy
    mouthy

OOps a boo boo sorry it is 914-690-9251 That is the # for the NY group Sorry folks

• Mulan
    Mulan

I have a cousin, an ex JW and ex Bethelite, who lives near Kingston, about an hour North of NYC. His wife is a loyal dub, no kids. He really needs association and used to post here as SEAKEN.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Hello all you New Yorkers,

While I hope you folks make arrangements to get aquianted, here is another site that you might want to register with. They meet once a month, provided someone intitiates a place and time to meet.

There are many cities set up besides NY if you want to browse.

Scroll down a little and you will see those signed up for NY.

There appears to be one host signed up, but you can be a host as well. Notice 7 have voted for the next venue.

Steve

Larry,

Yes, we did meet in NY at the march. And had dinner afterward with the group. I remember you posted pictures as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit