OK you New Yorkers, WHERE ARE YOU!

by jst2laws 25 Replies latest jw friends

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

I know there are some New Yorkers here. You are well represented by franklin J, BlueBlades (I think), and Homey.

What I can't understand is New York is, to me, the archetype of independent thinking - individuality. Add to that the fact that there is about 10 million people there and I suspect about 400 JW congregations it seems to me that there should be an extradinarely large representation of ex-jws here on JWD.

I could be wrong, but it seems the opposite. Compared to the Dallas/Fort Worth gang (yeah Yeah ) with their close bonds and frequent gatherings wouldn't we expect a significant presence from NY?

Maybe you are there and just quiet (right! )

Whazup with you New Yorkers? Are you there? Got to be a few hundred of you. Let's hear form you. Screamer

Jst2laws

• pc
    pc

I'm in CT about 40 minutes out of the city or Long Island. PC

• wednesday
    wednesday

I have wondered the same thing. When Brummie SIL was stranded in NY i wondered why there weren't more there.

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

I was born and raised in Rome, NY!

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Hello pc,

Your, like, in the burbs. Close enough for a gathering, right? Just need to here from some more of these New Yorkers.

betweenworlds,

Well, you could make the drive to meet some more ex's. At least once.

blind zebra,

I was in Babylon a few times. Rode my bike from Brooklyn out to the Park there on the coast. Islip comes to mind. Isn't that close to Babylon?

Steve

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

In all honesty I believe that many in the New York city area, becuase of being in proximity to the main headquarters and years of being around headquarter honcho's, are scared of the society. They is something in the back of our minds that is hard to erase that this IS NOT the truth. However when you say it or think it a little amount of guilt sprouts in the head. I can tell you that after all the horrors of being raised a witness, suffering as a pioneer and bethelite, and being DF'd after 14 years, I still at times as myself am I betraying Jehovah or his earthly organization.

I hope I don't sound stupid or crazy but its hard to explain, and its just a theory.

BTW, I was raised in Manhattan in the Lower East Side, lived in Brooklyn, Queens, and Harlem, but now I live upstate, ironically by the Walkill farms!

• nowisee
    nowisee

well i'm originally from ny...and not too far away now.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Hi JST2LAWS ! Yes I am from New York,15 mins from the World Headquarters!

Blueblades

• onacruse
    onacruse

I was born at New York City hospital, on a sunny Sunday morning in 1952. Does that count?

(If not, then you must be from Nu Joesey)

• pc
    pc

Does anyone get together in the New England area?PC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit