OK you New Yorkers, WHERE ARE YOU!

by jst2laws 25 Replies latest jw friends

• PurpleV
    PurpleV

I'm from NYC and wondered the same thing myself. Of course, I'm guilty because I never go to the meetups, mostly because my BF never was a JW and wouldn't understand my abandoning him on a Saturday night (he wouldn't go.)

Originally from Staten Island, would pretty much kill to meet an ex-JW from Staten Island who could possibly fill me in on who may have left and who is still there that I would remember from 20+ years ago. Ironically, there is an active one here at work from S.I. that says hi to me even though I wear a cross, I remember her as being very pleasant and she still is, but I wouldn't have the nerve to sit down and ask her. I'm not up for an intervention.

I do enjoy flipping the bird at bethel whenever I drive across the Brooklyn Bridge. If I'm a passenger, I get to use both hands!

PurpleV

• Simon
    Simon

It's strange ... we don't seem to have many people from London either which is another big population centre.

• brooklynNY
    brooklynNY

I was born and raised in Brooklyn, and attended Crown Heights, Brooklyn Center and a third congregation that I won't mention at this time. I was your basic dub, went out in field service, gave talks, became a MS at 21 and got married to a prototypical pioneer sister. I always thought it was ridiculous when I hear the "friends" say that New York was more spiritual because of the proximity to Bethel. I'm glad no longer associated with this organization. I didn't do the fade thing, after attending an elders and MS meeting with the CO I just never returned to the kingdom hall. I had a lot of people guessing what was the cause of my departure.

• Room 215
    Room 215

I was born in northern New Jersey, lived and worked in New York for a good part of my life, and now moved back to the Garden State but to central NJ. My work takes me to the Big Apple one-twice a week.

• Englishman
    Englishman

I was baptised at a New York assembly in 1958.

We had accommodation in the Bronx.

Englishman.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I have met a couple of New Yorkers from this site, but have never gone to to any meet-ups....

• greatteacher
    greatteacher

From Brighton Beach.

I now live where all New Yorkers move to get away from the cold.

• Soledad
    Soledad

I'm here.

I wish I had known sooner about brummie's SIL. I live so close to times square. I would love to meet anyone from this board

• PurpleV
    PurpleV

Soledad, you have a PM

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

PurpleV says:

Soledad, you have a PM

Now thats what I'm talking about.

Homey,

I hope you are wrong about the NYers being "scared" for living so close to the JW headquarters. But there must be some explanation for the disproportionate numbers. Maybe, as Simon hinted, its a big city thing rather than unique to NY.

Steve

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit