Life as a Perfect Human in the New System of Things

by RubaDub 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Ultimate ...

Thank you so much for digging up that article. That was the article I was referring to.

Absolutely insane.

Rub a Dub

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

You think a lot about these sorts of things don't you RubaDub. Did you used to install bathrooms before you retired?

Xanthippe ...

I am not in any way retired. Just work from home about half the time.

After traveling to Mexico and Central America numerous times, I have spent more time than I wish to say being in the bathroom (washroom, loo, bano, etc.)

I couldn't care less about petting a lion or playing with a cobra but getting rid of the spastic colon would be a blessing.

Rub a Dub

• Jidders
    Jidders

I always figured that "perfect" human status would remove illness, disease, cancer and aging. As for pain of injury and such I figured we could still end up hurting ourselves though accident but healing and pain would be quick and short, as I feel that no pain would essentially mean we lose half of our senses and our ability to contrast pleasure and pain, leading to dulled senses overall. Afterall Jesus was able to be killed as a perfect human and the wording about the fruit is "you positively will die", possibly meaning even Adam and Eve could possibly die but possibly not as a permanent status.

• Half banana
    Half banana

The idea of perfection is a strictly religious notion, only religious people consider the possibility. The average common sense thinking intelligent individual knows that there is no such thing as perfection. The more it is talked about the sillier it seems.

Life is unpredictable, we can't know our own future and we are all susceptible to accident and sickness. Religious hope is the only escape but it never delivers. Better to enjoy what we have and appreciate the that the life we have now is precious.

• WillYouDFme
    WillYouDFme

Sadly living on earth in the way most JWs envision would be a living HELL.

• Jidders
    Jidders

Honestly I would still love to live forever with youth and good health so long as I got to keep some other people around me who consent to the notion as well, though as I get older my view on that would change, but I feel like I dont have enough time for all the things I want to learn and do now and I'm only 28. I'm a fairly slow and lazy person as it is so time flies when I dont want it to.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

The jw version of the word/idea "perfect" is very similar to their version of the word/idea "soooooooon".

just saying!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Adam and Eve were perfect and they stuffed up ?

So what makes you think you won`t also ?

Being perfect doesn`t mean you can`t stuff up ,

So what`s the difference of being perfect and not being perfect ?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Answer - "We must emphasize that the Bible does not directly answer that question, so there is no basis for humans to be dogmatic on the matter."

Holy shitballs.

I really wish the WTS would actually apply this advice.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Growing up, for me, "perfection" meant being super attractive,hyper-skilled, and never making mistakes.

So basically, Chris Hemsworth... with artistic talent, a century's worth of life experience, and a brain.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit