Life as a Perfect Human in the New System of Things

by RubaDub 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I have always wondered how basic things that we do to ourselves will be handled as "perfect" human beings.

I recall someone here had a quote from an old WT that said that if we fall off a roof or something that there will be some "force" to soften the fall and we will not be injured.

But, as a perfect human, if we travel to Mexico and drink water from the tap, will we get the squirts, flying shits, Montezuma's revenge, or whatever you wish to call it? Maybe we will be protected as perfect human beings and have colons that also are perfect. But who knows.

Just pondering these common things that we take for granted.

Rub a Dub

• WillYouDFme
    WillYouDFme

I cant wait to never stub my toe and to hug a lion!

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Just pondering these common things that we take for granted.
    You think a lot about these sorts of things don't you RubaDub. Did you used to install bathrooms before you retired? 😀
  • smiddy3
    smiddy3

In Bible time`s, Israel under a Theocracy their were still wars with other nations ,their was still a leprosy colony among them ,and it was stated their will always be the poor among you ,with a provision for them in the law.

It doesn`t sound like utopia/ paradise to me thank you .

• stillin
    stillin

Perfect people don't fall off of roofs.

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

Here it is RubaDub, Golden Age, 24 March 1926, page 404.

• stillin
    stillin

Ultimate, what a pile of steaming bullshit! Thanks for digging it up.

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

This is typical Rutherford fantasising, it doesn’t seem to have occurred to him that if you can float about like a feather, there will be no need for elevators or stairs. Mind you, negative gravity aeroplanes will still be quite useful for getting across continents in a hurry, although with eternity at your disposal, who needs to hurry?

• blondie
    blondie

I loved that quote Ultimate Axion; I can't summon the effort to find it in the way older publications any more. Thanks for your effort and time.

I used to wonder about accidental injuries when I was under 18. I was told perfect people never had accidents. That did not satisfy me. The WTS/GB has said that god protected Jesus, a so-called perfect human, physically on earth through the angels which is why Satan challenged Jesus to through himself on the roof. And as stillin puts it, BS.

The WTS/GB discourages "speculation" amongst the plebes but does it all the time.

I was always amazed at jws that thought that the living conditions they live under now would continue immediately in the new system on earth. Like, they would go over and flip a switch and voila (sp) there would be light. Or turn on the faucet and their would be water. Or turn up the thermostat and there would be heat. Many humans today are so removed from the starting point and end point of making these things happen.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1978650#h=7:0-7:898

Questions From Readers

● When in the future God resurrects persons on earth, will they be of about the same age and appearance as they were formerly?

The Scriptures do not specifically comment on this, but reason and certain Biblical indications suggest that they will.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1975446#h=25:0-27:123

Link above has a slew of them, and then the final paragraphs discourage speculation. Interestingly they are from the June 15, 1975 WT.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2009285?q=speculation&p=sen

Questions From Readers

Is there any hope of a resurrection for a baby that dies in its mother’s womb?

For those who have never suffered the loss of an unborn baby in this way, it may be difficult to imagine the feelings of those who have. Some parents grieve such losses intensely. One mother lost five children before they were born. In time, she felt blessed to raise two healthy sons. Yet, she remembered each loss. To the end of her days, she knew just how old her stillborn and miscarried babies would have been had they survived. Do such Christians have a basis for hoping in a resurrection to restore what they have lost?

The simple answer to the question is that we do not know. The Bible never directly addresses the matter of a resurrection for babies who were stillborn or lost through a miscarriage. Nonetheless, God’s Word does contain principles that bear on the question and that may offer a measure of comfort...

To summarize, then, the Bible clearly teaches that life begins at conception and that Jehovah sees the unborn child as a unique and valued individual. In the light of those Scriptural truths, some might see it as inconsistent to argue that there is no hope for a resurrection of an unborn child that dies. Indeed, they might feel that such an argument undermines our Scriptural stand against abortion, which is largely based on those very truths.

In the past, this journal has raised some practical questions that seem to cast doubt on the possibility of a resurrection for children who died before birth. For example, would God implant even a partially developed embryo in the womb of a woman in Paradise? However, further study and prayerful meditation has led the Governing Body to conclude that such considerations do not really have a bearing on the resurrection hope. Jesus said: “All things are possible with God.” (Mark 10:27) Jesus’ own experience demonstrated the truth of that statement; his life was transferred from heaven to the womb of a young virgin​—surely an utter impossibility from a human standpoint.

Does all of this mean, then, that the Bible teaches that children who perish before birth will be resurrected? We must emphasize that the Bible does not directly answer that question, so there is no basis for humans to be dogmatic on the matter. This subject may give rise to an almost endless variety of questions. Really, though, it seems best to avoid speculation. What we know is this: The matter rests with Jehovah God, who is abundant in loving-kindness and mercy. (Ps. 86:15) Unquestionably, it is his heartfelt desire to undo death by means of the resurrection. (Job 14:14, 15) We can be confident that he always does what is right. He will provide healing for the many wounds inflicted upon us by life in this wicked system of things as he lovingly directs his Son to “break up the works of the Devil.”​—1 John 3:8.

• tiki
    tiki

That quote is hilarious. I posed this same question long ago and it was explained to me that perfect minds foresee possible accidents, so will avoid them...plus minor injuries to a perfect body will heal very quickly and the nerve endings that send pain will be perfected so that intense misery will not be experienced.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit