were there any psychopaths in your congregation?

by badboy 43 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

My father

• brooklynNY
    brooklynNY

I don? know if I would call him a psychopath, however in the 70's we had this bethel elder in our congregation named Ciro Aulicino who was a bit screwy. He would distort his face while listening to the speakers and talk to himself at times. I was in my early teens so I don?t remember many details other than he was very strange, but he appeared harmless. However I do recall that he gave fiery talks, they where never boring. He would have the microphone fitted around his neck and he give these talks that were animated, his arms would be flapping and he would be moving from side to side on the stage. I sometimes wonder what became of him, and if he is still in the "Truth."

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

The only sociopath I am aware of was my sister. Fun times....oh yeah.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

My parents

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

my father, the cockfarmer

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Only one girl - she wanted to be my friend so bad. One time she called the house and my JW mom told her where I was (at the mall btw) and guess what, she made her way out there and had my name paged over the intercom!!! When I saw her, she says, "you want to go do something tonight?"

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Oh yeah! I forgot my mother. She's pretty nutty when she's at the meetings. She'll sit there laughing, and noone know what the hell she's laughing about. She also whispers comments to herself and uses very active jesters. She'll wave her arm and whisper "dammit! I missed that one!". She usually does this after she makes a comment which is usually full of "um"s.

• Eric
    Eric

BB,

There was an MS in our small congo who, though single, and about 25 years old, owned an 8 passenger VW van. Wait, it gets better. He had a huge stash of wild west theme comic books that were written for young boys, all about cowboys, gunslingers and shoot-em-ups. He wore cowboy boots all the time though he didn't own a horse, and he affected a Texan drawl, though we were all Canadians, born and raised. Wait, it gets better.

One halloween, his Wyatt Earp fantasies got the better of him, and he took his Daddy's shotgun (did I mention he still lived with his parents?) and replaced the shot with rock-salt in a couple of shells, just like he had read in one of his comic books. He then jumped in his VW van, drove into town and, as came out during his trial, trolled up and down main street until some kid egged him. His sense of vigilante justice properly tweeked, he chased the kid down in his van and blasted him a belly full from close range.

Poor kid had severe bruising, required surgery to pick out the melted clothing from his wounds and hospital time for the equivalent of burn therapy to heal his stomach area. When he came back to school, he showed everyone his scars, what the "Crazy Je-homo's" had done to him.

My PO Dad attended the trial, and our soon-to-be-ex-MS told the judge that he didn't understand why the salt didn't vapourize instantly like it said in the comic he'd read. Now, who ever would've thought that "Guns Ablazin' , issue No. 25" was a work of fiction? Not our Hero!

Eric

• greatteacher
    greatteacher

My father and my best friend's father and they were best friends too.

Actually, psychopaths aside, it seems like the congregations I knew of had many people with a variety of mental disorders. Now I realize that a person who accepts insane religious BS, must be unstable to begin with.

• undercover
    undercover

Tex,

I remember some of what you have said you have gone through in your past. That picture you posted gave me chill bumps when I looked at it. Putting faces with the stories really hit home. I can't imagine how it must have been to go through what you did. My heart goes out to you and anyone who has ever had to deal with similar situations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit