were there any psychopaths in your congregation?

by badboy 43 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

any comments?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

*** Steps in room and stabs BadBoy in the back - with a big grin ***

Not that I know of.

• metatron
    metatron

Not psychopaths, but I have known some Witnesses who were functional psychotics ( I'm not kidding - one was officially

diagnosed and you'd never know until talking in depth to him)

I knew a C.O. I believed was a sociopath. He was later removed after creating years of wreckage in local congregations.

metatron

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes 1 -- he was always in and out of "hospital" on phsyciatric medication etc.

• shotgun
    shotgun

Just my dad.

• mouthy
    mouthy

ME!!! lol

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Yeah, we had one. I can't remember too much about him since it was so long ago and I've blocked out many of my JW memories for years.. Apparently this guy used to be a drug addict. He would have his normal days, then his weird days. My mother told me about a time when he pointed to an irrelevant bible scripture and said, "Do you see? Read that! Do you see? Jehovah has shown me the way!!!" My mother had no clue what he was talking about and was kinda freaked out.

Not sure what happened to him. On his good days, he was a nice guy. On his off days he'd try and commit suicide. He was battling depression a lot. I highly doubt that being a JW was helping him.

Apparenly there's an elderly lady in my mother's congregation who is extremely paranoid. She's afraid that all the brothers are madly in love with her and chasing after her.

• badboy
    badboy

TELL ME MORE!

• gumby
    gumby

I guess it depends on how you define a psychopath.

Some were simply manic depressive and acted psycho. Others were simply converted looney birds.

I knew/know of one in particular thats stands out in a crowd. Dubs come in all 31 flavors.

Gumby

• badboy
    badboy

I mean some1 who feels no remorse etc etc,I think.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit