Is it ok for a man and a woman to live with each other wihout being wed

by fearnotruth22 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Puternut
    Puternut

Take the other alternative for a moment. If you don't live together first, you may be in for some very unpleasant suprizes if you DO decide to get married later. Don't you owe it to yourself to see what the other person is all about? What if you didn't experience the other person first and got married later, and then found out that this person had some serious sexual or personality problems. You would be stuck in a relationship that wouldn't work at all.

If you decide to buy an expensive car or buy a nice piece of clothing, you would try it on first and see how it 'suits' you. I feel the same about deciding to live with some one. If in the long run things don't work out, there is no harm done. Divorce is painful and ugly. So it's perfectly normal, and wise to live with someone first.

My three cents

• mouthy
    mouthy

Puter I agree with you. But I thought all had "tried" it before they lived together. So you would know what sexually they were like....But what you say is great methings ( 4 cents)

• mouthy
    mouthy

that is me thinks !!!!lol

• Aztec
    Aztec

I can't think of anything wrong with doing so. There are lots of good comments already but, my two cents, stay away from Swedish guys..LOL!

~Aztec

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

FunkyDerek: Excellent post!

Doubtfully Yours: I'm in eager anticipation of your response.

SNG

• Sassy
    Sassy
    Take the other alternative for a moment. If you don't live together first, you may be in for some very unpleasant suprizes if you DO decide to get married later. Don't you owe it to yourself to see what the other person is all about? What if you didn't experience the other person first and got married later, and then found out that this person had some serious sexual or personality problems

I can attest to this! My second husband decided NOT to share with me that he could not have sex.. yes.. that is what I said.. and being a good little JW.. I didn't test out to see...

what a NICE surprise on our wedding night..

AND the WTS has right in their literature that holding back that information, "while unfair and unfortunate" is not grounds for divorce..

and guess what.. if he has no ability to give me grounds.... well?????

fortunately I don't care any more.. and my boyfriend and I do share the same bed and do have sex.. to be honest the way we mesh together I almost forget sometimes that I am only the gf and not the wife..

• Special K
    Special K

Well, I guess I came from the old school... and originally thought getting married was the thing to do right away.... and wait until your wedding night to have sex together...Oh, the J.W. memories...

Time has passed, I had children,... who are now turning into fine young men...

and WOW!!!!... have I changed my tune...after exiting the borg for 10 years.

THere is NO WAY, that I want any of my sons coming home and announcing to me that they are getting married .. UNLESS .. they have lived together with their girlfriend FIRST!!!...for some time.

If they come home and say they are getting married my first question will be, "What are your reasons for getting married?

J.W. marriages can lead to possible "entrapment"...

As Sassy shared with us all concerning her J.W. husband

"I can attest to this! My second husband decided NOT to share with me that he could not have sex."

Holy .. kick me in the stomach and rip my eyes out confessions on your wedding night.. The guy should have been taken out and flogged, tarred and feathered and run out of town... Now that was entrapment!

I'm not saying that marriage isn't good. I'm the marrying kind of person and am very happy married. My husband and I share a common goal and work together growing our family. And we both have the same dream of winning the lottery. lol..

sincerely

Special K

• shotgun
    shotgun

Sassy you sick little puppy

fortunately I don't care any more.. and my boyfriend and I do share the same bed and do have sex.. to be honest the way we mesh together I almost forget sometimes that I am only the gf and not the wife..

Please I can't get that imagery you describe out of my head, so please send me pictures.

BTW what was the natinality of your second husband? From the way you decribe him he certainly couldn't have been Himalayan

• Maca
    Maca

Being I'm a senior citizen and getting my late husbands social security from the age of 60, I don't care to get married and lose the social security. I have no problem with living with someone else although so far I haven't. It really is no ones business. Maca

• Sassy
    Sassy
    The guy should have been taken out and flogged, tarred and feathered and run out of town...

well.. tee hee...... it could still be arranged! lol..

BTW what was the natinality of your second husband?

he was Kenyan although he was so full of lies who knows. That is the story he told me...although he told the IRS he was from Zambia and threatened me if I ever told them other wise..

Please I can't get that imagery you describe out of my head, so please send me pictures.

tee hee.. I think my picture sharing days are over... unless you happen to catch me on a good night after a few drinks.. lol..

All kidding aside.. I never ever would trust anyone enough not to at least have sex first before marriage.. and to be honest, I don't even know if I would marry again without living together first..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit