Is it ok for a man and a woman to live with each other wihout being wed

by fearnotruth22 45 Replies latest jw friends

• fearnotruth22
    fearnotruth22

Sometimes it may not be possible to get married for a lot of reasons so is it ok for a man and a woman just to live with each other?

• Sassy
    Sassy

It depends on who you are and what your priorities are..

I have been married twice.........to JW brothers (at the time)

the man I live with now is ten times the man they were and our life is blessed in ways I could never have dreamed..........

will we always just live together? unlikely.. but for now it is where we need to be..

I don't regret it for a second.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Sure, why wouldn't it be?

I mean, it's filthy and disgusting and sinful, but if your concience is so perverted that you have to ask this question, why even ask? Satan must be very pleased.

God is not one to be mocked you know.

• searcher
    searcher

There is nothing in the bible that defines what is 'married' except that a commitment is made to each other before god, this can be the decision that the two will live together, because, supposedly, god is everywhere, so it doesnt matter where the decision is made.

No ceremony is ever mentioned, just a celebration feast.

In many countries, a man and woman living together is provided for by the property rights laws, so the secular is taken care of too.

• Purple
    Purple

Why not??? After enduring 18 years of pure hell under the guise of happily married I can say that the biggest crock of shite ever invented is the institution of marriage second only to religion. It is a pure control mechanism that the church and state purpetuated to subjugate men and women. I think I head that less than 40% of people get married now. So join the majority and live and enjoy yourself! In the end it really is just a piece of paper that has massive legal implications for the parties who sign the contract. Hey your a long time dead and only have today so live for today and who cares what other people think as long as you are happy that is all that matters.

• mouthy
    mouthy

My 2 cents. I think it is fine to live together if you dont believe in the bible or God ,"It is better not to vow & never pay"Marriage is a commitment .Yes you can commit even if you live together BUT! if she/he moves out taking everything that peice of paper ( certicate )can come in real handy in the courts of Ceaser. I have a couple in our group who has lived together for 22 yrs ( she is a Christian) they married just last year. After the discussion of "Its only a peice of paper" If it is only that why not sign it??? might save some heartache .BUT if for some reason she/he/(EX's) wont divorce you & you love each other It looks like you will never be able to wed.... MY opinion is go for it..... But that isnt God's.... But HE has a MORE understanding heart than Mouthy what does she know (NOTHING!!!! I was in a cult for over 20 yrs.......

• Englishman
    Englishman

Living together worked well for us. It was 1973 and we got lots of disapproving copmments, but we did it anyway.

Of course there was never any hanky panky.

Englishman.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I do not have a problem with it -- for financial reasons it often can make sense - -pretty obviously if it were a witness it would get you DFd - WRONGLY IMHO

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Fearnotruth22,

Come now, you for sure know the Biblical and logical answer to that one. But you're in search of approval, aren't you?

Statistically speaking, those types of union don't work out well. First feelings get intense, then the 'no commitment' thing gets in the way and last there's an explosion resulting in each individual going their separate ways.

And, yes, there are plenty of excuses for shacking up without a piece of paper. However, statistics show the woman gets short end of the stick every time!

Commitment is definitely better. Yes, definitely!

DY

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

However, statistics show the woman gets short end of the stick every time! Not if the man has a big p----s

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit