I am interested in the approach this forum takes to money. Apart from sex, (which I am quite relaxed about) it seems to me that wealth is the surest divider between those who are moral, and those who are not.
It seems Jesus thought so, also. Luke 16:19-31 KJV describes well enough His dusty attitude to the rich who do not succour the poor.
And this world has many poor: so many, it might seem that we can do nothing about it, and twist His words; 'the poor ye shall have always with you, but me, ye shall not have always.' to excuse our individual and collective failure to right this wrong.
There are two billion people who are absolutely poor, according the the UN. So poor, they cannot provide food and clean water, secure shelter, sanitation, and primary healthcare and education for their families. They live on the equivalent of less than $1.25 per day. Less than the cost of a starbucks coffee, for all their daily needs.
Meanwhile, the richest 1% of the world own as much as the remaining 99% put together. And, according to Oxfam, last year the rich got even richer, while the poor did not.
I propose a simple, just, fair, equitable solution.
Let us take all the world's wealth, and divide it equitably amongst all the world's people. And let us take all the world's annual production, and divide it equitably amongst all the world's people.
That would allow us each a net worth of some $33,000, and an income per year of some $16,000. Multiply by four, for the the combined allowance of the conventional nuclear family. That is quite sufficient for all of us to live a modest, environmentally sustainable, reasonably dignified way of life.
And let us do this voluntarily, because we think it good and right and just. And, for those of the rich who cannot bring themselves to part with their money, let us pity them the fate that Jesus warned of in the parable of Lazarus, and try to save them from the consequences of their avarice.
Best wishes, 2RM