I need a hug (vent)

by Billygoat 48 Replies latest watchtower medical

• timbo281068
    timbo281068

Hi Billygoat

This really hit a note with me this week

Its the same in my company, we've lost four full time staff recently from a team of eight and their not being replaced, i've been working my lunchhours, evenings and all weekend just so that i could catch up.

We even have a nickname for our HR department we call them the antipersonel dept now.

We seem to have right back to the eighties greed is good/ lunch is for wimps mentality and i'd like nothing more than to jack it all in and explore Europe for a couple of years. Ahh but then the mortgage....

Tim

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Hi all,

I'm having a bit of a tough day and thought I'd update you.

I'm a coordinator for three different divisions in a pharmaceutical company - oncology, urology, and managed care. I have one more division than the other two girls in the office - they only handle two. I also sit at the front desk, which means I get all the visitors/packages/etc. Since I sit at the front desk, it also means I am the operator of the phone system. My job is continually interrupted every 5 minutes or so. I can't ever stay focused on any one thing between guests, phones and my three bosses. I've addressed this with my directors and "nothing can be done". We don't have any space or budget to get help. So I'm seriously looking for another job. I left early today and applied to about 10 different positions on the internet today.

I am so angry and hurt right now I could be shooting flames. I am worried because I left early today that they will be angry at me tomorrow. I'm worried they'll let me go. If they do, they do, but in the meantime, I'm at the point where I don't feel like I can be nice to them anymore. I feel like if I threatened to leave, they wouldn't care. Honestly. How is it that I always end up working for these type of corporate yahoos that only look at the money??? Employees have feelings??? Who gives a $hyt???

I'm so frustrated. I do believe things happen for a reason. What is the reason here? I just can't figure it out.

Thanks for letting me vent. And thank you all for the previous hugs. I reread through these threads when I'm down. I've been doing a lot of rereading today.

Love,

Andi

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

I wish I had something insightful and comforting to say

Sorry your job sucks.

(((((((((((Andi))))))))))

• Huxley
    Huxley

Hang in there!

Huxley

• Sassy
    Sassy

sorry things are getting you down Billygoat..

I'm not sure if I am a help or not.. I've had a day where I felt like crying myself..

• flower
    flower

I hear ya Andi, it really suxs working for a company like that. I am in the same situation practically. I come home every night completely drained physically even though I sit on my bum almost all day. The mental stress of dealing with a company that doesnt know anything except $$ is physically draining more so than a job in construction or something.

This evening I got home from work very late due to a 'team meeting', in which we were told for the second time in less than a month to start doing a process that we were told specifically to stop doing less than 6 months ago. A month or so ago we were told to go back and correct reporting errors that were a result of us starting a different procedure which we specifically told them would cause reporting errors. We were told those errors wouldnt matter and wouldnt affect anything. Now we need to fix them because they are affecting things. I quite sympathize at this moment with people who go postal lol.

And I didnt even have time to get a lottery ticket on the way home....*sigh*

• Valis
    Valis

any chance i get to grope...(((((((Andi)))))))...sorry dear for the hard times. I'm right there w/you. The college gives me no insurance. I just hope i have a motorcycle wreck if anything...at least i have plenty of insurance for that and cheap of all things.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer of the "BG MZFL Coalition" class

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

(((((((((Andi))))))))

Sorry things are not going well right now. You are so right though to be looking for something else instead of staying in a position where you are unhappy and unappreciated. You don't need the kind of stress that creates wreaking havoc on you emotionally and then physically.

I wish I could tell you what the "reason" for this is. Maybe there is a great job out there waiting for you in the photography field where you could start out in an administrative role and work your way into other things!! I'll cross my fingers for that one!!

Chin up hon !!

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

{{{{{{{Andi!!}}}}}}}}}} Hon, I know EXACTLY how you feel............I've worked to support myself since I was sixteen years old........I'm 46 now. I work for the Board of Ed in town and I wish I could tell you that having a city job is ducky, but, it's not. I get up, go to work every day, feeling a lead weight in my heart. I HATE my job. I wish I could meet someone that would take care of me, for once, instead of me being the strong one...........I HATE working too!!!

WAAAHHHHH!!!!

With much fellow feeling!

Love,

Terri

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit