Do you know?

by Schizm 24 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy

Schism--- The problem is they say EVERYTHING they predict is TRUTH!!!!So One can not say it is error >It is a LIE!!!!!I realize it is hard for you at this time to think they are liars -but if you were in it all your life-& checked out every one of the predictions -Nothing is right. Then they have the nerve to say "well they didnt REALLY say it, the rank & file witnsess read more into it..... How come all of us All over the world -who didnt KNOW each other-- read what they said......And came to the same conclusion ( an instance that 1975 was to bring Armeggedon!!!Read Combatting Mind Control It will help you I think it did me!!!!

• little witch
    little witch

Schizm,

life is not right or wrong. You are at a place where there is an in between. Most all of us come to this place.

It is a disheartening place to be. I hope you continue to delve into the conflicts that the society places on you.

There are good people who remain good outside the societies rules. Good hearted and acceptable people. The society may say otherwise, but that does not make it so.

Jehovah God does not bow to man made rules. God is a God of love, not fear.

How can one do good when one is terrified of the God he/she worships?

Fear should not be a factor...But love your brother/sister.

You are surely able to love, not fear...."I will have mercy, not sacrifice" says Jehovah.

• greven
    greven
    It seems that some people tend to think of an inacuracy as always being "a lie" ... instead of an error. Yes, although something that isn't "true" can be a "lie," there is such a thing as someone sincerely believing that something is true and accurate, yet is not ... which of course is then NOT "a lie".

Schizm, you have a valid point there. Something is either true or false. An error is not per definition a lie. However, it does when one knows it to be an error yet teach it as truth. The society got that date and the chronology leading to it from an Adventist named Nelson Barbour in 1876. It was based on the assumption that Jerusalem fell in the year 606 (later changed to 607). Be that as it may, one has only to open up an encyclopedia, any one will do and look up the date for the fall of Jerusalem: all evidence, both biblical and secular points to the year 586/7 for that event. The society knows this. They have admitted that there are thousands of clay tablets that point to this consensus (I can look up the publication if you want). No-one uses this date other then JW's.

Well, if a date is so much in conflict with all evidence and you are willing to cling to it, don't you think you have a moral obligation to inform your readers that you are using a date not recognized by all archeologists, historians etc, and reasons why? But instead, the society hushes it up. When one deliberately acts in such a manner (covering up evidence, not presenting all facts) it could be classified as lying or at least deception.

Some claim you should not atack articles of faith. However this doctrine is not brought to you as pure something you have to accept on faith. No, they claim that it is backed up with prophecy, biblical and secular evidence. This date 607 is preached as were it an established, accepted fact. It is not. This could also be classified as lying.

I would recommend looking into this so more. There are many articles to be found on this very subject just type in 607 at any search and you should have enough to go on. Also history books, encyclopedia etc. And the subject has come up on this board numerous times. We even have someone vigorously defending 607 among our members: scholar. It might be usefull to follow some of the debates between him and some other members, so you can see both sides of the issue.

Good luck in your search for truth!

Greven

• Schizm
    Schizm

Greven,

An error is not per definition a lie. However, it does when one knows it to be an error yet teach it as truth.

The WTS doesn't "know" it to be an error because they believe otherwise.

... all evidence, both biblical and secular points to the year 586/7 for that event. The society knows this.

To "know" such a thing doesn't require that they accept it as fact.

Some claim you should not atack articles of faith. However this doctrine is not brought to you as pure something you have to accept on faith. No, they claim that it is backed up with prophecy, biblical and secular evidence. This date 607 is preached as were it an established, accepted fact. It is not. This could also be classified as lying.

Yes, the WTS believes that events since 1914 fulfilled the "prophecy" of Matthew 24:7. This, to them, gives strong reason for sticking to their 607-1914 calculation. Of course I personally don't accept the 1914 doctrine, for more than one reason, but I disagree with people who say that the WTS is guilty of "lying" in relation to their 607 date.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

As we approach 2014 the Society will find a way to find a way out of the 1914 date.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit