Do you know?

by Schizm 24 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

certain JW doesn't believe in the 1914 doctrine any longer. This, of course, naturally gives rise to certain serious problems. For example, how can this person now continue to participate in field service activities and make use of the publications produced by the WTS? Since such publications themselves continue to acvocate the 1914 doctrine then this would obviously create a dilemma for this "publisher". Also, this publisher's dilemma is further compounded by reason of the fact that the 1914 doctrine is frequently a part of the meeting's study material, student talks ... and is even within the lyrics of certain kingdom melodies. What does the WTS expect such a person to do in view of a situation that is obviously beyond this publisher's control? Fact: The publisher is NOT simply spiritually weak, because he knows for a fact that the kingdom wasn't established in 1914. It appears that the publisher has no choice but to become inactive, both with regards to field service and meeting attendance.

What do you think would be the reponse if a member of the Governing Body became aware of this publisher's dilemma?

Do you know? Anybody have any personal experience as a result of having faced this very situation?

YES ME -- ALL I DO ON THE RARE OCCASIONS I GO OUT IS TO OFFER MAGAZINES

• mouthy
    mouthy

bttp

• simplesally
    simplesally

Mouthy, you didn't believe that Jesus had a beard?

• mouthy
    mouthy

Sally they told me Jesus DID NOT have a beard that is what I didnt be lieve

• Sargon
    Sargon
    What example would that be... getting nailed to a cross?? No thanks

Boy was I having a bad day yesterday. What I should have said was this:

As far as the WTS following Jesus' example, I see very little of that. Jesus main example was to minister to the poor and the needy. The only help I see the WTS providing to the poorer members of society is the so-called spiritual food. I'm sorry but these people can't eat bibles and awakes.

It's a main tenet of many christian churches to provide food and shelter to the needy. I see the WTS and it's GB to be a bunch of tight fisted misers who are using their free labour pool to deliver their publications; all in an effort to accumulate as much real estate as they can. How is this following Jesus' example, I'm not aware of his ever purchasing real estate? BTW Mouthy, i always picture Jesus with a beard too.

• lollydawdle
    lollydawdle

Yes, they didn't want Jesus to have a beard because then the elders wouldn't be able to tell the brothers that they couldn't wear beards, at a time when beards became fashionable in the 60's and onward. How could they tell bearded brothers they looked worldly if Jesus had a beard. But then "new light".... presto, Jesus has a beard! Does anyone know if brothers with beards can be MS's or Elders now? Or is that another "new light" waiting to dawn?

Does anyone remember the furor over brothers wearing coloured shirts? It seems they got the "new light" on that, but the Mormons are still looking for it.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Does anyone remember the furor over brothers wearing coloured shirts? It seems they got the "new light" on that

I used to deliberately attend elders meetings in a colored shirt -- one or two frowned and would wear nothing but white - -really and truly going beyond what is written

• little witch
    little witch

Dear Schizm,

Thankyou so much for bringing this topic up.

Not only is this instance deserving of attention, but the several and repeated "important" dates....

The entire history of the society has been based on date setting..

They have come to believe that dates will cause us to show immeadiate action (in the form of sales).

Over, and over, and over. New ones are especially vulnerable...

Look back at the older publications. This is not the first instance of immeadiate action required....

• Celia
    Celia

Philuk said :

listen friend i would not worry about doctrines. jesus said don't get embroiled in arguments about words etc. All you need to worry about is cultivating deep love for Jehovah and for your neighbour-- who cares about 1914. All I know is witnesses have a great privilege preaching the good news and the end will come when jehovah decides. Concentrate on producing fruit in yourself, follow jesus example

The thing is, the Watch Tower's doctrines are taught as the Truth, the only true interpretation of the Bible texts. Either their 1914 doctrine is true or it is a lie.... If your research points to it being a lie, why wouldn't you worry about the Watch Tower Society's doctrines? You should care about a false doctrine. You have a brain, and are allowed to use it.

What is the good news again ? 99.9 % of the world population being slaughtered at Armageddon ? Oh yes, what a privilege it is to go to strangers' doors and tell them to convert or else...

And yes, God will decide when the end will come, not a dozen old geezers in Brooklyn, New York.

• Schizm
    Schizm

Celia said:

Either their 1914 doctrine is true or it is a lie.... If your research points to it being a lie, why wouldn't you worry about the Watch Tower Society's doctrines?

It seems that some people tend to think of an inacuracy as always being "a lie" ... instead of an error. Yes, although something that isn't "true" can be a "lie," there is such a thing as someone sincerely believing that something is true and accurate, yet is not ... which of course is then NOT "a lie".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit