More decption in Feb 1 WT

by why144000 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Draconian
    Draconian

Sirona: Freddy Mercury? I thought his music was pretty pointless, but okay, with your other examples like Van Gogh and Einstein I get your point. :-)

JWs, take heed. You don't need a religious cult or an extremist political group to give your life MEANING. It's all up to you.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Poztate wrote:

I was amazed to find out that it was a scripted part. NONE of what we said was our own personal experiences.

Whoa!!! ... Most interesting!!! ...I did not know about this latest scam!!!

Thanks for sharing this little tidbit of info!

ESTEE

• Sirona
    Sirona

Draconian,

Freddy Mercury had amazing talent musically, I mentioned him because I think he made a great contribution to music during his lifetime, and that certainly isn't pointless.

Sirona

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

What impresses me, is how there is not one wrong word in the passages quoted from the article, it is all true, but it gives a totally different impression from what really are the facts. They are such masters at writing a thing and having it understood as "A" by the readers, but when you later point to it, they say that "Oh, no! We never said "A" - the article doesn't say that! In fact, it says nothing of the kind, or perhaps it is closer to "B"." And when you re-read it, you see that it is true - it really never said what you thought it to say in the first place ........

Double-talk.

• chester
    chester

When Hillary-Step said, "They have cunning to burn" He said it all!

• topanga
    topanga

Seen so many homeless jehovah witnesses who did not go to college and chose to pioneer or persue ever elusive bethel service. Were shunned and marked by the organization when asked for financial help or temporary housing at one of wt's many locations and apts in nyc.

Bethel elders said we help whoever we like.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12
    Vincent, a lawyer, says: ?A good secular career can provide a measure of satisfaction. However, I have found that much more is needed to gain happiness and contentment. Before coming aware of the bible's teaching on the subject, I recall being struck by the sheer pointlessness of life ? being born, growing up, getting married, working at a job to provide what is needed materially to raise one's children, training them to follow the exact same life cycle, and finally getting old and dying.

And yet he DOSEN"T have children?

Satan, the "father of the lie" pales in comparrison to the deception the WTBTS practices.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

But he does not say that HE has children, he says he is watching the life of others who DO.

A CO once told me how they spent long time making sure the words were exact when they wrote the articles - and I am beginning to see what he meant.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I recall being struck by the sheer pointlessness of life ?

I wonder if Vin intended a pun here, as he did sheep shearering before becoming a JW. He was most certainly not a lawyer prior to conversion, he was put through university as a mature age student after coming off Circuit work and moving into Bethel.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    the artice gives three examples of professional people who have become witnesses, a doctor, a lawyer and an architect.

In older versions it was probably : the Butcher, the Baker and the Candlestick maker!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit