More decption in Feb 1 WT

by why144000 49 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

Thank you for exposing this.

What can we discern from this?

Is the Writing Staff just lazy? or do they LACK examples from the field of capable, educated people becoming Witnesses?

metatron

• minimus
    minimus

The last few years, experiences at the assemblies and conventions were given as if they had just happened , when in reality, they were years old.

• Sara Annie
    Sara Annie
    My Bible study has enabled me to come to know Jehovah as a person

That is one of the silliest sentences I've ever read. I can't stop laughing.

• VM44
    VM44

Vincent Toole is mentioned as being emailed the following by the WTBTS of Australia:

"Inquiry into the Definition of Charities and Related Organisations, A Submission by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Australia on behalf of Jehova's Witness in Australia"

http://www.cdi.gov.au/submissions/357-WatchtowerBibleandTractSocietyofAustralia.doc

Vincent Toole's email address is given in the cover letter.

From the Directory of Legal Practices

http://laws.lawsociety.com.au/directory/firms/10545.html

we see that Vincent Toole has a private practice located on Zouch Rd, Denham Court in NSW.

Is that a Watchtower address?

--VM44

• Sirona
    Sirona

mmm

Anyone else struck by this:

"Before coming aware of the bible's teaching on the subject, I recall being struck by the sheer pointlessness of life ? being born, growing up, getting married, working at a job to provide what is needed materially to raise one's children, training them to follow the exact same life cycle, and finally getting old and dying."

Pointless? This comment tells me that Jehovahs Witnesses do not want to live life, they want to escape to some fantasy land (oh yeah, the "New System" TM ) They simply have no appreciation whatsoever for the life they've been given. The cycle of being born, getting old and dying is natural and beautiful - and it is necessary. They also omit to say that a person may find their work very fulfilling, or even if they don't, they may do things in their spare time which yeilds magnificent results. They may find raising children a wonderful experience too. But no! JWs would have us believe that unless we're JW we might as well have never been born because its all POINTLESS. Tell that to the Van Gogh's of this world, to the Freddie Mercury's, to the Winston Churchills, to the Albert Einstein's - why did you bother? Its all pointless!

Blah!

Sirona

• simplesally
    simplesally

Sirona, they are trying to use the comparison of humans to animals..........it was in one of the study publications that animals are born, learn to get food, find a mate, make a nest have children, help them grow up and then they die.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Why144000:

How do you *know* this is the same vincent? playing the devil's advocate here: how do you know this? It seems that they do not publish the names/vicinities of the people that write the articles, how do you know this is him? I don't see anywhere in the article that he says the JWs paid for his law degree. or even that he was a Witness BEFORE he became a lawyer. I just don't see any of that. I like that you are presenting this information, but perhaps could it be a little more concrete?

CG

• VM44
    VM44
    How do you *know* this is the same vincent?

Pictures are said to be in the WT article, so people who have seen Vincent would be able to identify him, and they might also know the details of his law education.

--VM44

• undercover
    undercover

Don't they usually "change the names to protect the duped"?

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

SimplySally!! OMG!! I remember that article! It depressed the SHIT out of me, because I felt sooo guilty because I hated living the JW lifestyle! Talk about manipulative??? Sirona, I totally agree with your excellent points! Looking back at how duped I was, it just amazes me!

Terri

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit