You'll die if you don't go to meetings

by Bonnie_Clyde 39 Replies latest watchtower bible

• metatron
    metatron

Actually, blindfool, Jesus couldn't be a JW.

He kept avoiding the use of the name "Jehovah"! (like the Lord's Prayer, in which

he preferred using "Our Father"). Likewise, when he died, he avoided it, using "Father"

instead or quoting the Psalms , "My God". Not much of a Witness!

metatron

• JH
    JH

I think that a good JW is a fanatic.

• OHappyDay
    OHappyDay

We're already told that we have to be ministers 24/7, and dressed to always be ready to give a witness. Even at home or while traveling, we are to dress "appropriately" so as to witness. I suppose next we will be told to wear suits and ties to bed....

I sense the "Powers That Be" are losing control of the flock. Everything seems to be becoming more rigid, with the Society in control of all aspects of Witness life.

We are not becoming more like Jesus. We are becoming more like the Pharisees, with their little laws regulating everything.

Nowhere does the Bible specify how many meetings a week Christians should attend. That is a fact. To make missing man-mandated meetings a sin is a sin of itself: "Do not go beyond the things that are written." (1 Corinthians 4:6) Jesus' condemnation of the Pharisees' "traditions of men" should apply equally to the "traditions of men" handed down by Brooklyn.

• Singing Man
    Singing Man

Yup, When I think of elders I think of them as clowns, and this clown comes to mind:

• slenderdog
    slenderdog

Traditional Catholic teaching is that you will burn in hell for missing Mass on Sunday (it is a mortal sin). Their authority for this doctrine is buried in antiquity.

• Faraon
    Faraon

Slenderdog,

If I remember right from my days as a Catholic, they never said you would go to hell if you didn't go to mass every week. You were only required to take communion at Easter time. Never did I hear that you would go to hell if you missed mass.

It was also made very clear that these were precepts from the RCC and different from the 10 commandments (on which you very convenienty were not taught the one about not making images.

• slenderdog
    slenderdog

Faraon Yes this was a precept of the church, "to assist at Mass on Sundays." Perhaps my memory fails me, but it was impressed on me (which is perhaps more to the point) that it was a mortal sin to miss Mass on Sundays. (Unless you were ill). And as for those graven images, they were just to help us visualise! =)

• Singing Man
    Singing Man

Pelting with stones is weird, typical of what a religion would want of its memebers. Shunning is the legal atempt to stone each other.

I trust Karl on Sling Blade more than I do stupid zombies in any religion that blindly shun family members and friends.

• freelife
    freelife

i guess im a dead man cause im not going back!!!

• 1bigwhitedoggy
    1bigwhitedoggy

If any person executed their children for not going to church they would be considered the worst kind of criminal. Evidently Jehovah is even worse than Hitler since he intends to execute billions of people. I thought the bible said we were made in his image and that he is the embodiment of love? Oh well... what do I know?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit