The Unveiling

by Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho 53 Replies latest jw experiences

• doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799

Awesome interview. So proud to have these guys as treasured friends. They have been a great support to me. I don't know how I would have coped without the many heart to hearts I've had with Sacha over the last year or so. Helped me with the grieving process so much. So proud of them for making this step and courageously coming out to tell their story as I'm sure it will help many others and add to the great mountain of testimony out there.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Wow! Thanks everyone.

And Doubtfull1799, Thank YOU for your awesome friendship. You mean the world to us.

We are all in this together. Lets all support one another.

• steve2
    steve2

I’ve yet to hear the whole interview with Lloyd Evans but just a few minutes in, I am so impressed with their fair-minded, intelligent approach. I had not idea they posted on Simon’s forum. Thank you!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Its YOU!!!

What a great interview!! I actually cried when you were talking about questioning whether you were a really bad sort of person. I really relate to that as I realise I went through a decade of feeling the same, since I knew there was something wrong with some of the doctrines - specifically blood and the billions of deaths at Armaggedon - yet I still believed, and not seeing witness behaviour on a daily basis I simply put it down to my being mentally ill and damaged.

It seems oftentimes intellectual discovery coincides with issues within the congregation when people are waking up. Also, a few things really struck me in your dealings with the elders. Firstly it seems to me that any answer other than " yes" is the wrong one, for the organization.How horrible and absurd for them to accuse you of comparing yourself to Jesus when you simply wanted to follow his example of humility.It's interesting Lloyd pointing out how its s suddenly appropriate to pull the wife aside and question her, whereas normally she's not allowed to sneeze without her husband being present.

Wonderful interview, and I'm so glad sherry has continued with her work and education, as It's a cause I feel deeply about, as do we all I'm sure. I imagine her training in bereavement and loss must have helped you both enormously to come to terms with " loosing your religion".

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I haven't signed I here in a while. I have been enjoying John Cedars channel on you tube. I caught Sasha and Sherry. My JW sister just died the 9th of August. Her husband moved to be with their son. He had Chris erase all JW things from his tablet. He's 78. They had been shunning us the past 10 years. Now I've been able to speak with him on the phone. I'm thinking he might like hearing your experience.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Oh wow @flying high I'm so happy for you that you have your biL back...78! What a brave man! It's just sad it happened under such circumstances😞

I wish him And his son all the very best.

• caves
    caves

Yippie!!! Its 'Wake me up before you Jo-ho' !

For the first month I was one here I got up every morning singing that George Michael song with Jo-Ho in it and made up some really funny lyrics. lol. It helped me with my depression. The best screen name ever!

Just wanted you to know.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Just watched the video with my wife and you two were great! We could relate to so much of your story, including the dynamics between you two as one was awake first and that process of getting your spouse on board.

We're both so happy for you and you seem like two of the most genuine and good people. Congrats on taking that next step out!

• MightyV8
    MightyV8

Holy shit

What a dumb prick I am (facepalm)

Just worked out Sacha and stuckinarut are one and the same

• baldeagle
    baldeagle

What an awesome interview. You both articulate clearly your feelings and thoughts. The interview was kind and genuine with sincere expressions from both of you. I wish you continued success and happiness in your future together and thank you for sharing with all of us here.

Cheers,

baldeagle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit