stan livedeath

hidden pimo

you can change your username now !

• HiddenPimo
    HiddenPimo

Yes!!!!

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

IMHO you made a mistake. More good can be done from within than from being viewed as a "wicked apostate".

just saying!

• newsheep
    newsheep

I walked away and then a few years later called in to bethel service department and told them to take me off their membership roll. The following week I was announced at the hall I had attended. Nothing on paper, no letter to send in but for sure I wanted nothing in their name associated with my name or reputation. I understand totally why you did what you did. We're free at last!

• stillin
    stillin

Well, you made yourself perfectly clear. You will probably not be bothered by people dropping in to "encourage" you.

It sounds like you have a lot to handle going on, even so. Be strong, bro.

• HiddenPimo
    HiddenPimo

Thank you Still In.

everyone has to make a choice and it was more about what I found out on my own rather than what people told me thru activism. People do not argue with their own information and there is nothing more powerful than the heart of a volunteer to quote Captain america movie.

Ultimately you cannot control what others do or do not. And you can’t pick up every piece of paper or rubbish and throw it into the bin.

My best activism is that of living a good life and being happy, showing you do not need organized religion of any sort to do so.

• Sail Away
    Sail Away

Congratulations-- enjoy your freedom!

I had successfully faded, but there came a point when I simply wanted to be left alone and could no longer bear having my name associated with JWs in any way.

I wrote a letter of resignation and threatened to sue them if they announced my name from the platform. It worked beautifully! They don't initiate contact, they don't come to my door and they don't shun me when we cross paths. I don't play their shunning game; I'm cheerful and keep it light. I like it that way.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Welcome to the light.

I too got to the point where I could not take another breath if I was involved in any way as an enabler of WT culture. Evil requires darkness to thrive. For me, life simply wasn't worth living if I had to fake anything for one second longer and be a part of the darkness. I had reached my end.

Never disfellowshipped, I wrote my "letter" to my father and two older brothers, all elders, and stated the reasons why. The organization that lied to me meant nothing. I remarried at age 40 and had two other children.

Been 15 years and the rewards still keep coming.

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Plato

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Congrats Jared! Welcome to freedom. Go figure out who you are, what you want out of life, and make it happen without toxic people in it or concerns about keeping who you are on the down low so that those people don't get up in arms or turn you in. No more games to play, just go be you. That's not easy. You are now responsible for all of your own choices and the results, but it's far better than having your life dictated to you by a cult. Good for you!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Everyone chooses his own path. If I had kids, I would DA so that I could be more active in giving them choices.

Some DA to just be left alone. We all go our own way.

Congratulations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit