I sent in my letter - peace I’m out

by HiddenPimo 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

HIDDEN PIMO:

Congratulations and I’m glad it worked for you to Disassociate from the JWs.

It’s a well-deserved middle finger to the hateful religion.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Different strokes for different folks. Live life for yourself - not how others think you should.

All the best!

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

Congrats bro! You did things the way you wanted and now you are in full control of your life.

You dont have to look over shoulder, and worry if you will be caught or outed. Truthfully why bother trying to do good from within for people who dont care and wont respond.

Do good by living a happy life and spending your time actually helping people who dont care about religion.

You have your whole life ahead of you! Enjoy!

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Good for you! I da'd 30 years ago and am glad I did. No phone calls, no elder visits, free weekends, free evenings, discovered wine!

We had our lttle girl six years later and she had birthday parties, Christmas presents, dressed up for Halloween and had a normal childhood! When she was five I went back to work and we took her on foreign holidays with no bloody circuit overseer saying you need to give your time to the preaching work, those countries will still be there in the new system.

Congratulations on leaving fantasy land and joining the real world. Remember to have plenty of fun! You owe it to yourself for the wasted years!

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

No need to hide anymore. Welcome tony Morris!!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I mean no harm or I’ll towards anyone - just my last thread was hijacked by those for or against DA

Hijacked seems a little pejorative. (Hopefully not intended that way.) As I recall, you did ask for "advice".

Since "unity above all else" is not mandatory here, you do NOT have to follow any of the advice offered (most likely offered in sincerity), if you don't want to HEAR IT, it'd probably be better just not to ask.

Good luck!

• blondie
    blondie

Let us know how it goes, what worked and what didn't. When people DA, not all have the same experience. Some who have DA'd said if they knew now what they didn't then, they might have done it a little differently.

I have faded and have been out for almost 20 years now and my jw contacts including family are almost non-existent by my choice. We aren't even called on or called or sent letters/cards any more. Which is great. It only proves to me again that there is no real love in the WTS organizations and about .0005% jws who do have it.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Welcome to your new found freedom and a new world. You did what is best for you and it is really your life.

By the way how is your dear wife dealing with this?

No pressure to answer.Just concerned.

Zing

• I quit!
    I quit!

Congratulations Jared. It's a great feeling to be able to be yourself and get on with your life on your own terms.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The causative damage the WTS/JWS publishing cult in how has effected so many people is well documented now, from no retirement funds to live off for the elderly, to broken families, to suicides, anxiety, depression the list goes on.

From that knowledge it is wise to look what the WTS has done from a humanitarian perspective.

Was this organization created out of the pure pursuit of LOVE as the WTS leaders have propagated ?

No not really the JWS religion was done more for the pursuit self empowerment by select men wanting to create their own semblance of power and control as well money.

That is the unfortunate " The Truth " with perilous consequences.

It was and still is a man made Kingdom building venture.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit