ExJW responsible for calling the police at the Warwick protest, NOT Watchtower

by Diogenesister 22 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

According to The Great Apostate, who spent time with police officers at the protest, they informed him that it was not Watchtower who called the police in but another exJW who briefly attended the protest and subsequently disapproved of the protesters methods...CLAIMING they were being "violent".

I find this very difficult to understand. Anyone who saw the bravery of the women who stood up in the Kingdom hall and told the story of their abuse and rape could not fail to feel compassion and offer their support.

I know there are posters on this forum who disagree with me.They worry that such protests play into Watchtowers "persecution" complex, and naturally I understand their position.

But really, how long do we have to fear their power over their members, and through their members, us.. Many jw's simply do not know the extent of the paedophile problem,.They do not know about Malawi, the UN, the bloodless surgery guinea pig deaths ( thank you ORPHAN CROW), the suicides....I simply don't believe that protests don't work....if there are enough of them, and they are organized, and most of all if we are United...we shall make a difference, and that difference may be your loved one.

https://youtu.be/FFhr9onBDRk

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    but another exJW who briefly attended the protest and subsequently disapproved of the protesters' methods

I am not a big believer in protests. But I would never be critical of what others do. It is sad and silly to have what might be perceived as "infighting" within the ranks of exJWs. Remember we have a common enemy, and that enemy is not each other.

• thebrokenkite
    thebrokenkite

Before this erupts further, the man in question identified himself as a Russelite, not as a former JW, and therefore would not have been part of any perceived apostate “faction”.

• Listener
    Listener

I wonder if this was the same guy that called the park rangers a few days before saying there was going to be thousands of protesters at that park on the Sunday and was worried about them?

He was so worried he turned up at the park for a short while and has done a You tube protesting the protesters. His YouTube Chanel is Leonardo Bonacci. The video is so boring I had to double the speed to get through it and even then it was too slow.

His views and written comments border on paranoia. He's an ex Bible Student.

It was no surprise to see that he's a mate of Cedars. When cedars did a recent book tour in the USA they caught up and toured Warwick HQ together. I don't think they did anything in the way of activism whilst there.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jW2i-YoQqpQ

• zeb
    zeb

D. the guy you refer to sounds like a member of the "what-about" connection. No matter if they have left the wt or are in the wt they never have a founded opinion because they will ever run back to "what about". In my recent years in any conversation at college or at a BBQ as soon as someone starts up 'what about' I move away. They love to hear their own voice and never grew a pair so as to have any real conviction.

In short the guy who called the police sounds they may be out but a mentally in.. He needs to sit through the victims statements given at the ARC.

Thanks for your video.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Thanks everyone for your posts. I wasn't aware the man was never a baptised JW. He sounds like he was one of these slightly dotty people who are forever on the periphery of jws, but never quite able to commit.

He also may have done this out of a mistaken loyalty to Lloyd Evans ( Cedars) , following the latters very public conflict with various members within VAA.

Whatever his motive, it's petty beyond belief and I have zero respect for this moron.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    Anyone who saw the bravery of the women who stood up in the Kingdom hall and told the story of their abuse and rape could not fail to feel compassion and offer their support.

Whilst I do respect the right of anyone to protest in anyway they see fit within the realms of the law, I am of the opinion that generally the sort of KH interruptions that are typically seen are unlikely to do much more than reinforce the negative stereotype of apostates in the minds of those in attendance.

However, having watched the video containing the above testimonies by the women mentioned I have to agree with you Dog. It was a hard watch and would not have been pleasant to listen to but to make a public statement about something so personal and painful was brave and moving. I cannot imagine there could have been many in the hall, especially the women, who could not have felt some compassion, some sympathy for those poor ladies that have suffered abuse within the congregation.

There is a point in the video where one of the protesters sits near the front of the hall and there are two sisters in clear view, one of whom is visibly upset. She may have been upset at the interruption or nervous of the person near her but she could very easily have been upset at hearing the testimony, perhaps even having some experience of such abuse herself.

Clearly it's impossible to know for sure however I've never seen a reaction like that before and that is something that suggests that perhaps when Witnesses are almost forced to hear what some have been through from their own minds then they can be moved.

The more I think about it, the more I am astounded and over-awed by the bravery and strength of those women in that hall.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Konceptual99 Clearly it's impossible to know for sure however I've never seen a reaction like that before and that is something that suggests that perhaps when Witnesses are almost forced to hear what some have been through from their own minds then they can be moved.

Many people say that what eventually got them thinking was not facts, but something personal that brought about an emotional response for them, it's true.

I know the ladies you are referring to, it's very difficult to watch their reaction as they are very clearly upset.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Yeah Listener is right this guy is that ex Bible Student Lloyd interviewed on his YT channel.

What has any of this got to do with him except maybe he thinks he's being a flying monkey for Lloyd.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

minds - *mouths

I was working in the middle of the night...

Many people say that what eventually got them thinking was not facts, but something personal that brought about an emotional response for them, it's true.

This is true. I poured over facts for a couple of years - blood, creation, the generation, the flood etc. I was aware of the UN scandal. However the straw that broke the camel's back was the treatment of myself and other family members by certain elders. Anger at the hypocrisy of these so called spirit appointed men gave me the mental permission to go further and actually read CoC, sign up to this website, watch youtube videos etc. etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit