My experience with a Judicial Committee, when in my early 20's

by Dunedain 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• brandnew
    brandnew
    Absolutely correct about the bloody noses.......them lames try to talk to me that way now......yeah...all bad ☺
  • Heartsafire
    Heartsafire

Now that is one helluva experience! I'm sorry to hear that happened to you, but it sounds like you are better off and much the wiser for it.

Ah yes, the elders...I have seen quite a variety in my life from the totally clueless to the borderline psychotic and everything in between. Many play favorites, but it sounds as though your JC was pretty much standard procedure--anything hidden gets the dfing despite obvious repentance and improvement (I know, I know, total palm to forehead bs).

The part where they screamed at you and wouldn't listen reminded me of this:

2 Corin 2:7,8 (NWT) 7 now you should instead kindly forgive and comfort him, so that he may not be overwhelmed by excessive sadness. 8 I therefore exhort you to confirm your love for him.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

i'm so glad you're doing well in life now! I bet that Elder Turd was jealous enough of you to explode, who mentioned you in his talk when you visited.

The jc that my daughter had were so horribly mean to her, that just like you, she never went back. They kept insisting that she wasn't repentant, that she was lying about feeling repentant. Finally she said, "Well I don't know what more I can say," and one elder said, "We're going to disfellowship you, which will do you a lot of good once you see what it's like out in the world." True that!

She told us,"The way they treated me proved to me that the WT cannot possibly be approved by God. And if it is, then God can stuff it."

One brother who had known my daughter since she was very young, tried calling her once a year, two or three times to ask if she wanted to start coming back. She told him she would never approach them to be reinstated, because the World could not begin to inflict the suffering on her that the JW's did.

The WT is a criminal cult.

Marina

• diana netherton
    diana netherton
    Welcome aboard....
  • pbrow
    pbrow

Hey dunedain...

Judas didnt kill jesus. It was the jews in general!

pbrow

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ pbrow...

Umm... pretty sure it was the Romans, actually...

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    Vidiot anatomically speaking an asshole has a very beneficial purpose. The leaders of the Borg are more like running sores.
  • Nicholaus Kopernicus
    Nicholaus Kopernicus

I remember a Yorkshireman CO stating that if a shepherd kicks a sheep, it will always remember and thereafter avoid that shepherd. From your account, it sounds like the illustration is very apt. That they are referred to as shepherds however is a gross linguistic generosity. Their behavíour is more like that of the temple police and reflecting the abusive disposition of their superiors - Caiaphas, Ananias, and Annas (malevolent chief priests).

Elders are supposed to be a "hiding place from the wind". The reality is that they tend to blow a gale. In my congregation in the SE of Enghland, I know of one elderly sister brought to tears by them and another sister who had to consult her GP and was prescribed antidepressants following their unwarranted intervention. Yours Dunedin, is another experience in a veritable encyclopaedia of the most licentious examples of abuse of authority.

That this behavioural profile and dispoisition is so widespread is not acknowledged by the WTBTS and nor is there a means by which such abuse of authority is held in check, held to account, or prevented from re-occuring. Thus, elders tend to be among the foremost examples of a lack of emotional intelligence and end up destroying goodwill. It is like a slow process of demolition. An utter mess!

That the elder in your case used his position behind the lectern to say what he did was truly eggregious! It is helpful to me to read of your experience. Thank you for sharing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit