QUITTING QUIETLY here is the Canadian version of the document

by gone for good 84 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    Thank you for realizing we have achieved our single most important intention- YOU ARE FREE.
    1. Don’t be dishonest - your most important intent is not to get shunned. If it were to be free, you can do that by just fading, or better yet, one phone call.
    2. I am not just “realizing” anything here. I’ve understood you from the start. Many others have too. You don’t seem to want to consider the possibility that you are being illogical.

Using just our own pen and a public download - FREEDOM instantly, legally and peacefully.

I can do the same thing with a phone call. Or nothing at all. Nothing special here.

Why on earth would someone who is not one of Jehovahs Witnesses tell 3 elders anything? They are not your elders - not your church. NEVER SPEAK TO THESE A-HOLES AGAIN

Oh but wait.. YOU said that you would give them YOUR letter when you suddenly appeared on their radar. Stop dodging.

Who gives a rats ass about shunning or stupid obsessive record keepers- we've kicked them to the curb..

You do. If you didn’t care about shunning you would advise people to just call the elders and disassociate.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I'm free of this religion because thirty-three years ago I decided to stop participating in it. Almost a year after we stopped going to the Kingdom Hall my wife and I wrote a DA letter. We wrote the letter to make sure they knew we decided to join and voluntarily and we left voluntarily. During that year we voted in the 1988 election, celebrated Halloween and Christmas, our oldest son's birthday, my wife's birthday, I grew a beard (not allowed at the time) and generally did whatever the hell we wanted. We wrote the letter when it became obvious the elders were coming after us and accepted the fact that family and friends were going to shun us.

That is the point here: there is no get out of JW jail free card. If you stop participating, at some point they will shun you. I'm concerned that some one who doesn't know any better will see this form you've cooked up and think they've found an easier softer way. Such a path doesn't exist. Freedom is a struggle, and there will be hardships. We do a disservice by leading some to believe it won't be hard.

• gone for good
    gone for good

Jeff-

You left voluntarily and were you then free?

No -they have zero respect for any individuals' free exercise of conscience, thought or will...ZERO

You wrote a (worthless) letter that played right into their control.

You wrote the letter only when "...it became obvious the elders were coming after us and accepted the fact that family and friends were going to shun us."

"Elders.. coming after us' is not an acceptable response to an exercise of a voluntary constitutional right..----- Jeff -do you agree with this statement?

For seventy years JWs have failed to exercise their constitutional right to leave their own religion because they don't know those religious rights exist, they don't know how to exercise them and they don't know that their cult is not exempt from the application of those rights.

Seventy years of pain and humiliation - and you want that to continue?

Why are you still discouraging the individual exercise of constitutional freedoms ?? ??

• gone for good
    gone for good

MeanMrMustard -

I salute your life-long dedication to wilfull ignorance.- it is truly impressive.

An entirely new approach the exercise of religious freedom has been posted. At least two posters have admitted to understanding the "concepts" of how to claim the freedom for oneself and when and why the timing of this claimis paramount.

Longhairgirl stated her understanding - 'Hi. I’m sorry if I misunderstood as I thought your intent was to stop shunning by submitting this signed and dated document. I see where you are coming from in that you want to stop the disfellowshipping of voluntary leavers'

Phizzy implied an understanding - "But what if it worked ? But what is there to lose by preparing such a document, and presenting it to Numbnuts Elders along with a threat to take Legal Action ?

Thank you Phizzy and Longhairgirl. (There is more to come as "Religious Emancipation")

Not you- nope, you choose to maintain ignorance of a concept already grasped by others.

Through nine pages of open discussion of a new concept (never posted for considerstion before) - you have proudly confirmed - "I am not just realizing anything here"

Sorry that I even suggested you might have -you sure set us straight !

Your sad, last shot was "Don't be dishonest" .

How can a person admit to not grasping an entirely new concept and then accuse the presenter of the concept as dishonest ?

My estimation of you has diminished -significantly- so.

When this discussion carries on under the heading of "Religious Emancipation" please determine to contribute in constructive ways or not to contribute at all.

• Simon
    Simon

gone for good: I think you've had plenty of chances to see sense, many people have tried many different ways to explain it to you. You still don't get it and you refuse to engage in any meaningful discussion about it or accept and recognize the points people make.

This is done. Don't post this crap on this forum again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit