• gone for good
    gone for good

dubstepped-

Cults exist in our world Yikes

.and we thought the scary stuff was under our bed

• gone for good
    gone for good

BiaHi-

I think the individuals and associates thing relates to the push to give corporations the same rights as humans.

As horrifying as that sounds it's sure to have WT lawyers complete attention $$$$ I just read something in, passing , don't really know anything.

• Simon
    Simon
    irrefutable way

LOL, you really are delusional.

This nonsense is pointless, although I'm putting a letter in the fridge saying that I'm married to Kendall Jenner, so it's totally legally binding ... right?

Oh crap, I found the other letter saying I'm king of the world and everyone owes me all their money, cars and houses.

Holy crap, this is awesome and completely beyond any legal challenge whatsoever.

ha ha ha.

• gone for good
    gone for good

Constitutions give religions a lot of freedom, but their actual authority is limited to their congregation members only.

We subject ourselves to that authoity by joining (traptizm) and 'voluntarily' remaining members.

Jws' custom-built doctrine that assures that if you ever leave your family will be destroyed.

We can't change their hateful holy doctrine so we have to be creative with our own Rights toFreedom of Religion.

Religious Freedoms apply equally to churches and individuals . Churches can fabricate lies and teach as truth -

We can draft a declaration of our own emancipation from those lies and repudiate their authority.

NO cult teaches Human Rights or Religious Freedoms as pertaining to anyone but themselves .

Hope you see where this could lead.....

• gone for good
    gone for good

On what basis would there be a legal challenge?

We are exercising our Constitutional right to Religious Freedom to free ourselves from a religion we despise.

Please state a legal challenge.....

• gone for good
    gone for good

Jeff - If you have the document signed, attested, and dated at home -

They aren't your elders, this isn't your church, maybe you're just there with your spouse, maybe you want to fade for a while, maybe you brought your mom...

Why would a person not tell the elder he has no authority over you if the need arises?

Jeff - you're not going to start a dust-up are you? after all our talk of peacefully and quietly...

• JeffT
    JeffT

Strange that you can picture a comedy sketch, but you can't possibly picture a dignified, irrefutable way to extricate yourself quietly and quickly from the authority of a family destroying c--t.

I liked Simon's SNL skit. What I can't picture is why I need a piece of paper full of pseudo-legal babbling to stop participating in something I no longer wish to participate in. I just told them I wasn't interested anymore. It was dignified and irrefutable.

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather
    We can draft a declaration of our own emancipation from those lies and repudiate their authority.

Similarly, a religion can draft its own policy of disassociating you from their congregation and announce it publicly.

FREEDOM is a concept where you are allowed to do things your way as long as you are not a threat to others.

You have the complete freedom to draft this document and keep it with you. But as soon as you do something that violates JW rules, and the elders feel that you are becoming a threat to the spiritual well-being or the cleanness of the congregation, then they have the freedom to form a committee, investigate matters, and announce your disassociation to the congregation.

Freedom comes with a cost. Remember, we live in a world where people are free to hold on to stupid beliefs. Don't mess yourself around the thoughts of human rights or freedom of religion. It may bite you back.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Yes and what is the point of getting involved with the courts? Watchtower tramples truth to the ground. They take your words and wrap them round your neck. But if you grab hold of Jesus' words, you can wrap them round their neck. They hate it.

• gone for good
    gone for good

Scully -

The elders do have authority but ONLY UPON MEMBERS of their own church.

Our document repudiates their churches' laws and authority over one single individual from one date forward.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit