QUITTING QUIETLY here is the Canadian version of the document

by gone for good 84 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    ..extricate yourself quietly and quickly from the authority of a family destroying c--t

Please, just spell out "cult". When you put "c--t", it seems like you are implying the other "c" word (which is normally encoded as 'c--t' on forums).

And some sometimes the context fits that other "c" word much better.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@gone for good:

The elders do have authority but ONLY UPON MEMBERS of their own church.

Our document repudiates their churches' laws and authority over one single individual from one date forward.

When you hand them that document (because you suddenly 'appear on their radar'), they will take it, form a non-judicial committee to review your document. They can do that. Forming a non-judicial committee to review information you provided them is not exercising their authority over you. It is an internal procedure they follow in order to respect your wishes. What did you expect the organization to do, take your document and not read it? That is the procedure they use to process your wishes.

They will review your wishes, and adjust their records. They will file paperwork, and make announcement about your decision.

Let me try to put this simply:

1) You: "I don't want to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses, and I am not. Here I have this declaration!"

2) Elders: "OK. We will remove your name from our roles, and let everyone know. Consider it done."

And you think this is, in some way, illegal? That a court somewhere is going to affirm that by respecting your wishes, honoring your right to freedom of association, that they are, in fact, not honoring your right for freedom of association?

This is madness.

• gone for good
    gone for good

I thought the c-u-l-t word was banned here -deletions, banishment, beheadings -am I mistaken?

• gone for good
    gone for good

Dreary and Jeff-

WT policy is that they OWN YOU from the instant of your baptism until they record your death in their records.

Yes - these psychopaths record the deaths of those who were 'disassociated' or 'disfellowshipped' decades ago !

It's all in Shepard the Flock of God.

Leaving with a documented repudiation of their policy and authority leaves a paper trail of your freewill exercise of a constitutionally guaranteed right. (rather important in a liberal democracy don't you think?)

They will go on their way, ignoring your rights while demanding theirs to be expanded.

But one day when the time is right' someone will be pissed right off and fight them in courts. That will become the day we bring our dog to this fight.

Watchtower is losing court battles like never before.

These signed and retained documents of peaceful leavers will contribute to a Death by a Thousand Cuts for these religious, shithouse dictators.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

MMM you got it totally correct!

Sending this form or any form or any letter or making any statement to the Elders is the LAST THING you want to do if you desire to "quit quietly" (or as we like to call it here: FADE).

These signed and retained documents of peaceful leavers will contribute to a Death by a Thousand Cuts for these religious, shithouse dictators.

Of course, my only experience is here in the US, but with that caveat if you really believe the BS stated above then I am afraid my friend, you are seriously delirious. You won't get but about 3 minutes of their attention as they decide to announce you made the decision to no longer be a JW. (Let the shunning begin.)

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    I thought the c-u-l-t word was banned here -deletions, banishment, beheadings -am I mistaken?

Yes, you are mistaken. The WT is a cult. You can say that here.

What lands you in trouble is if you assert someone else on the forum is in a new cult because they don't agree with your position. This has been commonly seen in topics of a political nature.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    They will go on their way, ignoring your rights while demanding theirs to be expanded.

Good lord. So the idea is that you leave "secretly" via this document, you don't inform them (remember, you are keeping this document in a drawer somewhere), and you are saying if they act toward you like you are still a member, they have committed an offense against your rights?

• Simon
    Simon

You are obviously an idiot who lacks the cranial capacity to understand simple concepts - hopefully you'd understand me making this point very pointedly.

The word "cult" is not banned and never has been, that would be ridiculous, but accusing people of being in a cult simply because they have a different political opinion or support a different candidate is lazy, insulting and discouraged.

Anyway, I'm locking this, it's pure 100% gibberish nonsense and I don't want some poor fool coming across it and thinking it represents any sensible advice. It doesn't deserve to keep being bumped.

Anyone reading this should ignore the suggestions made in this thread by the OP.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Once they know that you have decided to leave, then they will inform everyone about your choice to leave. They will announce you have disassociated yourself.

Pretty well true. There is a reason they no longer announce that, "So-and-so has been dis-fellowshipped," or "So-and-so has dis-associated themself as one of Jehovah's Witnesses."

They simply announce, "So-and-so is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses." In that announcement they are correct, YOU are no longer a JW. The "loyal" JDubs though will know what that code announcement means. Meanwhile you have no solid basis for any kind of legal action against them for stating what YOU YOURSELF have stated.

Remember, a secret is NO SECRET when shared by more than one.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

For anyone out there - if you decide to print this letter, fill in your name, sign it, date it, and keep it in a safe place for future use: Of course, nobody can stop you. Have at it. But you will find that you are like a gullible freshman showing up to the party wearing his underwear on the outside because someone told him everyone was going to be doing it, it would be fun, a great idea, and what could you lose? As you present this document, you are going to get looks of amazement and wonder. Not from your cleverness, but the same kind of looks you would get as you enter the party and everyone realizes that you actually wore your underwear on the outside. And if you keep the document for years, committing to it for years, the looks will be even more intense - like showing up to the party in only your underwear.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit