What's the greatest movie ever?

by fearnotruth22 85 Replies latest jw friends

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

To Live And Die In LA. The wrong-way-down-the LA-Freeway-chase-scene not only inspired, but surpassed, the one in Matrix II. And, you get to see a young, hot, William Petersen buck nekkid.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Good one Elsewhere! Office Space is definitely at or near the top of my list!

• Globetrotter
    Globetrotter

Fight Club

Holy Grail

Mad Max (the first one)

Shrek

American Beauty

Amadeus

• gumby
    gumby

"MR. ED" ...........boy would I have loved to have gotten naughty with Wilburs wife.

Oh! You said movie?

I still think the Wizard of OZ beats them all. For it's time it was something.

"Slingblade" with billybob Thorten was another.

Gumby

WED....I agree....' Papillon' was a killer flick!

• micheal
    micheal

Manequin

Earth Girls are Easy

Godfather III

Weekend at Bernies II

• heathen
    heathen

I still really like the 10 comandments with charlton heston and an all star cast as greatest movie ever made . I think hollywood declared citizen kane as greatest ever made .

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I watched Citizen Kane last year for the first time. After it was over, I was like "why the hell is that considered to be such a great movie?" I didn't get it. Did I miss something?

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

DanTheMan:

I was thinking the same thing after watching The Godfather for the first time a couple months ago. It was good but I wouldn't have called it outstanding.

• heathen
    heathen

Dan Theman-- I watched that movie only one time when I was a kid in the 70's and never had the desire to watch it again . The thing that facinated me aout it at the time was , what the hell was rose bud? and why were all these people going through all that trouble to find out what it was ? If you miss the last frame of the movie you missed the point .lol

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy
    "JWs - The Organisation behind the name" was quite terrifying if you are into horrors.

Brummie

(In my best Roger Ebert voice.) Now, see... I thought this was more of a comedy. It really was quite laughable!

~~~~~~

Seriously, my favorite movies are:

• Wait Until Dark (Audry Hepburn)
    • Princess Bride (Cary Elwes, Mandy Patinkin, ANDRE THE GIANT!)\
    • Titanic (Leo DiCaprio, Kate Winslet, Billy Zane)
    • Miss Congeniality (Sandra Bullock, Benjamin Bratt)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit