Are You Going To The Memorial This Year?

by minimus 104 Replies latest jw friends

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

No, I don't want to contribute to their statistics.

Walter

• Smyler
    Smyler

I probably will be going this year.. Make my parents happy. My mom said tonight that they will pay for me to get my First Aid and lifeguard License, (I want to be a paramedic) so I guess I can go this meeting for an hour.

smyler

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NONONONONONONONONOOOOOOO!

• ikhandi
    ikhandi

Ah let me think about it. Ah no ain't going. Why would I go? To have people stare at me and talk about me and ignore me?

• gumby
    gumby

I think about 20 of us heathen apostate bastards, should get all fancied up and go to ONE hall and partake of the emblems. One of us will have to be the camera -man to get the mugshots of the flabergasted faces, and the attendents shit'in their pants.

Gumby

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

I love Gumby's idea! But as for me, determined I shall be, to walk eternally, in my apostasy. I won't attend a ceremony that must be an affront to God.

• Okram
    Okram

Knot Eye.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

No, I will NOT be going this year. I haven't been in many years... probably something like 20+ years now.

I think that those that _do_ go are flirting with a situation very similar to Jim Jones. Especially since they are brainwashed to do what they are told - without questioning it.

One year, EVERYone may be 'allowed' to partake. Only it will be cyanide-laced wine. Attendants will be posted at the doors to prevent any 'weak' ones from leaving.

I shudder to think of the consequences of that. Yall should really consider/reconsider any decision to go - this year, or any year in the future - especially as things get more 'weird' in that organization.

Regards,

Jim_TX

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

CountryGuy, MEMORIAL FREE SINCE 1998!

Damn, glad to meet you!

Obviously, my answer is NOOOOOOO!!!!

• gumby
    gumby

Just as a side point...............Watching the emblems being passed around with quietness abounding, reminds me of sitting in the baptist church, watching the collection plate being passed around. Everyone just sits there and waits while nothing is happening.

They get through their routine a little quicker however as they always have oodles of attendents that don't have a publisher record card deficientcy that dis-qualify them to be attendents. Most of them hardly ever even masterbate I don't think.

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit