Are You Going To The Memorial This Year?

by minimus 104 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I doubt that my wife will invite me this year

If I offer to go she'll be wetting herself wondering what I am up to. Probably offer to tie my hands to my chair when the emblems come around.

I would love to go to the Feb 15 Mag WT study, but the temptation to put my hand up would be irresistable and would have serious implications for our relationship, so I'd better stay home.

• blondie
    blondie

No, when Jesus celebrated it he was amongst friends. Can't find that at the KH. I should go and just eat the bread and drink the wine. I'm afraid that the wine might not make it to my row after I eat the bread.

Blondie

• mouthy
    mouthy

First of all Jesus said "DO THIS ALL OF YOU" so their memorial is a disobediant act. No one takes.( except those whos hope is in the heavens-) My hope is in the heavens,but because it is a differant Jesus( Micheal the Ark Angel) I could NOt partake there. I know some who have found out it is a lie & have gone to partake to shock others, but in MY opinion this is NOT love. O.K. I know I shock a lot of you in jest!( On some threads) but this is dealings with GOD!!!Forget the Watch Tower "biggies" they are false prophets! Dont give them the power of counting bodies & printing how amazing they are to collect so many followers

• avishai
    avishai

But, but, ummmm, Grace, My leisure suit is sooooo cooool! Awwww, dangit, your right. Darn!

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

The Annual False Prophets Meal - Heck no!

• minimus
    minimus

If you're afraid you won't get the bread and wine, just bring your own.

• PurpleV
    PurpleV

April 4?? That's Palm Sunday! I have other plans!

Do the dubs have to go twice to the kh on Sunday, or are they making up the meeting?

That was always the worst part of the memorial.... FOUR meetings in one week! Arrghhh...

• minimus
    minimus

Good question, Purple V. Are there going to be 2 meetings on Sunday to put Witnesses "in the mood"?

• willyloman
    willyloman

Society instructions are there is never any other meeting on the day of the memorial (except for field service, of course). If memory serves, last time there was a Sunday memorial the Kingdom Ministry suggested elders reschedule the WT study, and we held it on Saturday afternoon. Attendance was skimpy.

• minimus
    minimus

Some elders LOVE scheduling meetings-----even when they know no one will be attending.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit