Are You Going To The Memorial This Year?

by minimus 104 Replies latest jw friends

• gumby
    gumby

Well this is just a tad off topic, but have you ever wondered why more "intrested/invited ones......don't partake?

Is the talk listened to clearly and closely enough by them, that they get the jist that THEY are NOT to partake?

Not all dubs who invite others door to door to the memorial, EXPLAIN who should partake. I realise it happens rarely that some invited do partake.....but i'm surprised it doesn't happen more often.

Gumby

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I think about 20 of us heathen apostate bastards, should get all fancied up and go to ONE hall and partake of the emblems. One of us will have to be the camera -man to get the mugshots of the flabergasted faces, and the attendents shit'in their pants.

Gumby

Gumby, this is funny. Ever hear of Alice's Restaurant Massacre,with full orchestration and five part harmony and stuff ... ? If so, do you remember the Alice's Restaurant Masacre Movement? Arlo Guthrie even? Well, you could start an Apostate Memorial Crashing/Mass Partaking Massacre movement.

It could happen.

Minimus, I'm not setting one toe across the threshold of KH for a Memorial. The only reason I would go would be to buy some literature. I don't even know if they let strangers do that anymore. Other than an unpleasant phone call from my sister a few weeks ago, the last contact I had with JWs was when I asked a little boy if Santa Claus was coming to visit him. Oh man, was that interesting watching the daddy sweat bullets and pussyfoot around trying not to offend me. I said a few things to him and he asked me how I knew so much about JWs. I told him my sister and youngest brother are JWs. That's the truth: they are. Then the wife came up and he told her what was going down. She looked at me and asked me if I had ever studied. I told her yes. She asked how it worked out and why had I stopped. I said, well they just taught some things I could not agree with. That is when there was a long silence and they decided to leave . I was at work by the way. I work in a gift shop.

Heather

• alias
    alias
    Are You Going To The Memorial This Year?

I might.

• IT Support
    IT Support

Much as it sticks in my craw to be included in their statistics, my answer is Probably.

I'm still fading, and I think it would be imprudent to not go this year...

Next year is another matter, though.

Regards,

Ken

• nobody told me
    nobody told me

I don't think so, I haven't been asked to give the talk.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit