Mobile Hotspot - JWFACTS.COM - Assembly & Conventions

by thedepressedsoul 166 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

This idea would require a pirate box to allow some actual data to be looked at.

I think the proper way to work this is to get some JW significant info into the hands of those lurking. Name the hotspot as something inviting like. "SpecialPioneer FAQ List" or "Warwick Outline" or "Elders Manual", Ministerial Training Manual, 2016 RC outline" etc etc you get the point.

Then put in a little teasers where its written from the perspective of the WTBTS where they are asked a question about things like 607, UN/NGO, etc and they give a factual answer.

Also can put up the entire JWFACTS.com site if its not too big data wise.

NJY

• cognac
    cognac

I know how to setup a hotspot, I just don't know how to direct others to open to www.jwfacts.com when they've accessed my hotspot.

I googled, "hotspot landing page". Looks like you might need software to do it but will read up on it more and let you all know what I find out.

• Splash
    Splash
    I think for myself at least I'll keep it simple as suggested - a hotspot name but locked with a password. I have a feeling that this will actually catch on!
  • onightdivine
    onightdivine
    My only concern with this is if the assembly is only for a few hundred people in relatively small venue. Some overzealous brothers might get an idea to triangulate where the wifi signal is coming from.
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99

Even if they did, so what? They can't search anyone. They can't look at devices. They can't prove anything.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Just a thought...would Paul (JWFacts) be ok with the use of the site for that purpose?
  • onightdivine
    onightdivine

@konceptual99, I agree with you but knowing how extremely unreasonable

(c r a z y) they've become, I don't know what else they can do.

• Scully
    Scully

Some wi-fi hotspot names....

StayAliveTill75

JW-WomenR2ndClassCitizens

Education Is The Key to Freedom

Romans14:5 (One man judges one day as above another; another judges one day the same as all others; let each one be fully convinced in his own mind. - Give them something to ponder over birthdays and holidays...)

• under the radar
    under the radar

How about something like "Confidential Docs - Elders Only" and then post certain BOE letters, the Flocking the Sheep book, and other embarrassing ( but official) stuff...

I bet you'd get lots of curious folks thinking they'd accidentally discovered a secret website just for elders.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

So a hotspot was put up today at the CA. jwfacts.com_thetruthaboutdatroof (character limits!)

Most of the time it was closed to prevent too much data usage by third parties but there were at least 17 people on it when it was open for a while.

There was a clear point where it became obvious that the top brass had become aware of it. Lots of scurrying around...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit