Guilt-Tripping Questions In Today's Text! (And My Replies To These Questions) 

by Divergent 16 Replies latest jw friends

• UNCONDITIONAL LOVE
    UNCONDITIONAL LOVE

. Therefore, would it not be wise to do some significant training during a time of relative peace?

I thought the end was near... Didn't they just show a video with a swat team coming into the basement, to do who knows what with JW's??? Their mind games are endless...

The JW.org corporation has great PR staff and writers to come up with this stuff. The writers can't be rank and file JW's, they are paid employees with a benefits package.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

1. "Do I persevere in prayer?"

Before I left, I also prayed to Jehovah to convince me that JW's have the truth and also in my case- NOTHING happened!

2. "When faced with peer pressure, do I obey God as ruler rather than men?"

Isn't the question only asking JW's if they obey the elders and the upper echelon?

Are you attending "Christian" meetings if you are at a church? ....or not attending if you are at a Kingdom Hall. Just more buzzwords for "Do it our way."

4. "Am I bold in speaking about my beliefs?"

Really, they are saying "Get your time in, so that we know we control you."

5. "Do I really try to put up with my fellow believers’ shortcomings—just as they put up with mine?"

This is saying that JW's are better than non-JW's so stop trying to see that it really isn't so. Put up with one another but not with anyone who is not a "fellow believer."

6. "Am I submissive to those taking the lead in the local congregation and to those responsible for doing so in the worldwide congregation?"

Repeat of Question 2, more direct. That shows that this is the important point. OBEY!

• schnell
    schnell

Can I ask something? I mean it with all due respect and you already know what it is and I am sure I'm not the first to ask...

Why are you still reading the Daily Text of all things?

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the rebuttals... I wouldn't volunteer to do it, so I guess I'm glad someone does. But damn.

• Alostpuppydog
    Alostpuppydog

Same sht different day brother. I still always loved that we are supposed to keep on proving we are in the truth. And after doing research and prayer, I now pray to Yahweh and Yeshua and have no organization to belong too. I am so much happier. No more stress or major depression. Just FULL-STEAM AHEAD! 😀

• Divergent
    Divergent

schnell:

Can I ask something? I mean it with all due respect and you already know what it is and I am sure I'm not the first to ask...

Why are you still reading the Daily Text of all things?

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the rebuttals... I wouldn't volunteer to do it, so I guess I'm glad someone does. But damn.

I don't do it daily, I just check occasionally out of curiosity. I don't mind reading it as my mind is quite immune to JW stuff now. And yes, I don't have to rebut it but I just feel like doing it when I have nothing better to do. I hope that it might help any who are still-in to think for themselves instead of being influenced by the bull***t they are fed on a regular basis

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

@schnell. I've often thought the same thing. Great question!!😊

I can think of two off hand. Many here have family still plugged in to the Borg and so it's good to see what dribble they are feeding them. Also it's good preparation for us in case something comes up so we are ready to rebut.

Second is that all of us at one point "knew" that this was "the truth" and that by leaving we were putting ourselves at odds with "the only true God Jehovah" so to see shit like this reaffirms our belief that it is in fact NOT THE TRUTH and we made the right decision by leaving the Borg.

Similar to when we were in and would reaffirm that it was the truth, now we can see clearly through the FOG.

• schnell
    schnell

@Divergent, gotcha.

@Darkknight757, it's definitely cathartic to read and obviously to write (just looking at all the replies where folks added their own rebuttals to the fray).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit