Guilt-Tripping Questions In Today's Text! (And My Replies To These Questions) 

by Divergent 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Divergent
    Divergent

Thursday, December 8

Take your stand against him, firm in the faith.—1 Pet. 5:9.

To do that, we need to prepare our mind and heart, to train ourselves now to do what is right. We do not know what our spiritual warfare may involve in the future. Therefore, would it not be wise to do some significant training during a time of relative peace? Paul wrote to the Corinthians: “Keep testing whether you are in the faith; keep proving what you yourselves are.” (2 Cor. 13:5) One way that we can heed Paul’s inspired advice is by making a serious self-examination. Ask yourself such questions as: ‘Do I persevere in prayer? When faced with peer pressure, do I obey God as ruler rather than men? Do I attend Christian meetings regularly? Am I bold in speaking about my beliefs? Do I really try to put up with my fellow believers’ shortcomings—just as they put up with mine? Am I submissive to those taking the lead in the local congregation and to those responsible for doing so in the worldwide congregation?’ w14 9/15 2:16, 17

My answers to the questions asked:

1. "Do I persevere in prayer?"

Before I left, I prayed to Jehovah to convince me that JW's have the truth and NOTHING happened!

2. "When faced with peer pressure, do I obey God as ruler rather than men?"

Shouldn't Jokehova CONVINCE me fully first BEFORE expecting me to obey him as ruler? ? ?

3. "Do I attend Christian meetings regularly?"

You people are a CULT — why should I? ? ?

4. "Am I bold in speaking about my beliefs?"

NO, I wasn't bold in speaking about my beliefs when I was active. Know why? Because I COULDN'T defend them! (How do you defend illogical man-made teachings? ? ? )

5. "Do I really try to put up with my fellow believers’ shortcomings—just as they put up with mine?"

This sentence is worded to make US feel guilty even if it is THE OTHER WAY — US having to put up with shortcomings all the time! ! !

6. "Am I submissive to those taking the lead in the local congregation and to those responsible for doing so in the worldwide congregation?"

NO, I DON'T believe in BLIND SUBMISSION to people who are UNDESERVING of it! ! !

• John Free
    John Free

Oh for God's sake not another self examination! The guilt trip is the icing on the cake. I feel sorry for the personality types that can't switch off to this conditioning and will spend the rest of the day examining themselves and getting depressed because praying to Cinderella or Jehovah or the cookie monster has no effect.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    “Keep testing whether you are in the faith; keep proving what you yourselves are.”

Try that for real and you find yourself up before a JC quicker than you can say ARC.

Test it and you find it is just another weirdo cult.

• Onager
    Onager

punkofnice, But you can only test it using the tools they've given you.

It's like me claiming that I've dug the deepest hole in the world but you can only use my special measuring stick to see how deep it is.

Look! It doesn't even touch the bottom! Proof indeed that I have the deepest hole.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Onager - You speak words of truth.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great thread and comments!

Yes, the FOG is strong indeed....(Fear Obligation Guilt)

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

There's that term, "Spiritual Warfare" again. I wonder if the GB are preparing themselves for the butthurt they are gonna get come early next year.

Do they persevere in prayer? No, considering that Jehovah is none other than they themselves.

I will have to say, I prayed for God to give me the real truth and that prayer was answered. Less than a year later both the wife and I walked away from this nefarious religion.

Meetings became impossible AND I am much more bold in speaking about my belief now than ever. Of course that belief leaves other dubs in utter disbelief.

• NikL
    NikL

Before I left, I prayed to Jehovah to convince me that JW's have the truth and NOTHING happened!

Same here. Over and OVER. Still I can't get around the crap they serve up.

Either they are NOT the truth or I am just another goat waiting for judgement day.

Funny, I don't feel like a goat

• blondie
    blondie

Only in public to prove I am a good Christian?

Also, when you pray, do not act like the hypocrites,+ for they like to pray standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the main streets to be seen by men.+ Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your private room and, after shutting your door, pray to your Father who is in secret.+ Then your Father who looks on in secret will repay you. (Mt. 6:5,6)

2. "When faced with peer pressure, do I obey God as ruler rather than men?"

Peer pressure is really other jws telling you what to do. Paul said about people in the congregation not to be men pleasers

3. "Do I attend Christian meetings regularly?"

Meetings where the people do not identify themselves as Christians but Jehovah's Witnesses?

4. "Am I bold in speaking about my beliefs?"

Bold ...but without knowing what they are....running to the elders to tell you what to say.

5. "Do I really try to put up with my fellow believers’ shortcomings—just as they put up with mine?"

Do they put up with mine or discuss them without all the facts and label me as bad association?

6. "Am I submissive to those taking the lead in the local congregation and to those responsible for doing so in the worldwide congregation?"

See Question #2, do not follow the religious leaders down their wrong road. Jesus didn't.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Guilt-Tripping Questions In Today's Text!

It`s just one more "Watchtower Loyalty" Quiz..

Image result for business man saluting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit