Wish me good luck...

by FadeToBlack 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Just ask them if they can show in the Bible it's OK to take fractions and cows blood. They'll be running for the doors
  • FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack
    @Crazyguy: I don't want to cause any problems for my wife. She means well. I am pretty sure I will be able to handle it for one more day and just be polite. Saturday night we are going out to dinner with worldly neighbors and I'm sure it will be much more fun. +1, -1.
  • RubaDub
    RubaDub

Would being dressed in Star Wars fashion be acceptable?

You could have the laser sword thing and put on a presentation on how the wicked will be destroyed at Armageddon.

Rub a Dub

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack
    @RubaDub - that might work since Halloween is over. Might be a nice diversion. What outfit do you recommend? I started growing a beard, would that make a better fit for a particular character?
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Lol, I like RubaDub's idea.

P.S. but don't try any demonstrations of The Force, FTB, - it's demonic

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Leave Geoffrey Jackson's ARC testimony video running on your laptop . . .
  • FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack
    @nicolaou: I could set it up to run in a continuous loop. Might scare away nosey folks who wanted to check my browsing history. They would flee from the demonz...
  • Dagney
    Dagney

Similar situation happened with a newly exited person with mate still in. The mate invited a group over for BBQ, and the exJW was really nervous. But, it was much as you say, friendly, no agenda, kept busy with the hospitality. I think they even walked down to see the Xmas celebration in the neighborhood. LOL. Ya just never know about these folks.

• blondie
    blondie

I'm bad

If they start "witnessing" to me I'd say, are you counting this time?

I have seen how jws change to the holy ones when there is an unbaptized person or an inactive person to encourage, right?

We didn't sing kingdom songs much, just the ones with decent melodies. Can these people sing?

Once I told 2 holy ones that it was better to live a sermon than give one.

Keep the poinsettia away from the dogs if they like munching plants.

You are one brave person.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack
    @blondie: we had some summer bbq's at our house before I went off reservation. Lots of good non-jw activity. Some of the teens/young adults brought their guitars. They did some non-jw songs and a few jw songs around the bonfire. Singing was actually pretty good. I wasn't embarrased anyway that the neighbor's heard it. Thanks for the reminder about the pointsetta, but they are not plant munchers (although they do like to dig up new trees that I plant for some reason).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit