Wt. April 2020 Revised Joel Prophecy

by BluesBrother 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Hecce
    Hecce

The current GB is behaving like the American car makers in the 60s and early 70s. They had a notion that Americans wanted just size in their cars and that is what Ford, GM, Chrysler and others kept producing; in the meantime, Toyota, Honda, VW and others with their compact vehicles started taking a share of the market ; the rest is history.

Somehow the GB thinks that people are going to keep listening to their dreams and wild doctrines after failing time after time, enough Mahershalalhashbaz.

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

I rewrote it for the blind. You don’t need eyes or brail.

“To understand a prophecy correctly, we generally have to consider its context Watchtower bullshit. If we focus on only one aspect of the prophecy Bullshit and ignore the rest of the bullshit, we may draw the wrong bullshit conclusion. In hindsight, it seems that this has been the case with a prophecy in the book of Joel past Watchtower bullshit. Let us review that bullshit prophecy and discuss why we need to puke up an adjustment in our present understanding is needed.”

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Image result for drinking kool aid

JW's will drink it al right up!

IT'S FROM JOE HOOVER!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

So this means the whole doctrine is completely outdated. If it all happened in the past, 607 or 587 BCE, it means absolutely nothing to us today except as part of the whole enslavement program called the bible.

• Listener
    Listener

During the Annual Meeting 2019 talk Splane says this

"Well now, can we see a little bit of a parallel here? 1919, in 1919 according to official records, there were fewer than 6,000 publishers of the Good News but has Jehovah blessed the efforts of those 6.000 publishers? By the end of the century, he certainly had shown that he had blessed the efforts of the brothers...."

Of course there was no explanation as to why there should be a current day parallel, just that there is a little bit of one.

I guess that if they are wrong about that then they are only a little bit wrong.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

@ Dio,

It’s crazy how the true FDS ( ahem... ) the most spiritually insightful men in all of human history are catching up to Bible Scholars.. 🙄

DD

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Speaking in tongues (bullshit tongues we never heard of) imho !

Zing

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

"Well now, can we see a little bit of a parallel here? 1919, in 1919 according to official records, there were fewer than 6,000 publishers of the Good News but has Jehovah blessed the efforts of those 6.000 publishers? By the end of the century, he certainly had shown that he had blessed the efforts of the brothers...."

In other words any religion that started up in the 1800`s and has larger increases in their membership than the Jehovah`s Witnesses must have Jehovah`s greater approval ,yes ?

Or for that matter any religion that has started after Jesus was raised from the dead and sat at his Fathers right hand and has more followers than the JW`s today they must have Jehovah`s blessing more than the Jehovah`s Witnesses .

They must be Gods Chosen people in our day. What religions have greater numbers than Jehovah`s Witnesses ?

Don`t be lazy google it . you might be surprised .

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

More of Frantic Freddy's bs falling by the way side. Too think that we once believed this shit is sickening. We were being led by lunatics and didn't even know it!

just saying!

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

I believe WT's "new light" is also amiss. After the 2019 AGM I did a bit of research on the book of Joel. I posted it here.

I also posted something from David Dorsey's Literary Structure in the OT here on the book of Joel. (See also the very next post for additional.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit