Wt. April 2020 Revised Joel Prophecy

by BluesBrother 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

If this has been posted before, then my apologies....

Article in April ‘20 WT changes the view of the locust swarm prophecy...formerly believed to describe the worldwide preaching by Anointed. Now they say

Simply put, these verses refer, not to our zealous preaching work, but to the activity of the Babylonian army that invaded Jerusalem in 607 B.C.E.”

They also tie in the giving of Holy Spirit to the congregation at Pentecost and thereafter.

The article is available to read in full on our least favourite website.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/watchtower-study-april-2020/An-Attack-Coming-From-the-North/

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I won't read that nonsense, it makes me feel nauseous to do so, but I have a question, what Babylonian Army invaded Jerusalem in 607 BCE ??? History records no such event.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Another of David Splane's brain farts.....

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Silly guesswork

• Listener
    Listener

They are admitting that they take things out of context.

In the article they say -

"To understand a prophecy correctly, we generally have to consider its context. If we focus on only one aspect of the prophecy and ignore the rest, we may draw the wrong conclusion. In hindsight, it SEEMS that this has been the case with a prophecy in the book of Joel.

Even with this admittance, they are still not very sure about it themselves as to why they interpreted the prophecy in the book of Joel incorrectly because they state that it was only seemingly wrong due to overlooking the context.

• St George of England
    St George of England

JOEL'S PROPHESY

WT Exclusive - Another 100 years of getting it all wrong!

George

• JimmyYoung
    JimmyYoung

Rearranging the deck furniture of the titanic

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

QUOTE: "For many years we have believed (indoctrinated) that the prophecy recorded in Joel chapters 1 and 2 foretells our modern-day preaching activity. However, there are four good reasons why it appears that an adjustment (aka reversal of previous "truth") should be made in our understanding (your brain-washing) of this portion of Joel’s prophecy."

How many more "truths" will they adjust reverse?

• Listener
    Listener

Why were we teaching false doctrines, you may ask. Well, it wasn't our fault, it was Russell and those others. They weren't reading the Bible properly. But not to worry, we still cherish some of their teachings.

• sparky1
    sparky1

Do you mean to tell me that this god intoxicated, religious fanatic was not a spiritual locust helping to feed mankind great biblical truths but rather a fraudulent leech living off the largesse of the ignorant faithful flock?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit