Who are you guys?

by eyeswideopen 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I am still in and so is my husband.

I am at the point that I don't really care if they are on a witch hunt. They have nothing on me.

wannaexit

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

We are The League of Extraordinary Apostates

proud to be a part of this elite group

wannaexit

• Strawberryfieldsforever
    Strawberryfieldsforever

Welcome eyeswideopen!

I am new too. When you said that you were waiting to see if your Mom needed you in her old age, it reminded me of how my husband and I thought. But one of my good friends (on the outside) set me straight. She said that if and when the time comes and you offer to help them, it IS their choice if they don't want your help. So if your cast off from the JW's, don't let that stop you from offering help, showing love, having a listening ear. Love is what will show them that we are not bad people. And that we are not in SATAN'S control like they all seem to think.

By the way, I've been out for 13 years and loving every single minute!

Strawberryfieldsforever

• staceman
    staceman

This is my first post in a LONG time... but just want to say hey to 'eyeswideopen'....

I've been away for a little over three years now and to be honest I am still struggling a little bit... Being raised in "the truth" and becoming an Elder for several years, it has taken time for my eyes to open up fully. But it is getting easier to 'see' as the time progresses. I'd be lying to you if I told you that I don't miss anything because I still find myself humming 'kingdom' songs and I sorely miss my dad and my son who still refuse to talk to me. But I have found a lot of happiness in my new life. I'm able to be me without feeling like a hypocrite and I am learning a lot about myself. One of the biggest things I've learned is unconditional love. Growing up, Love from my parents was only given with the condition that I loved Jehovah! And that was understood!! So, if I wanted love from my parents, I better love Jehovah. So sad... I've missed out on a lot of life.... so yes, I may be a little older physically... but I refuse to grow up and I'm having the time of my life right now.

All of my fellow Minnesota friends out there... let's get together and have some decadent fun!! We are here and ready!!!

staceman

Thanks again 'eyeswideopen' for asking and have fun!!

• zen nudist
    zen nudist
    How long have you guys been out of the truth and what family background of the truth do you guys have?

I have never been out of the truth, I am out of the lies and deceptions and con game called Jehovah's Witnesses.

I have always desired to follow reality no matter where it leads me....and JWs seemed the way to me for many years until I woke up to the fact they were arrogant enough to lie about things people can check.

my family were all catholics of the agnostic sort, and were still there for me when I woke up

• talley
    talley

(for those of you who are stiil 'walking the fine line between in and out', please read Crisis of Conscience by Ray Franz - can be found at many public libraries) Happy Trails, talley/Judy

• Dawn
    Dawn
    "If anyone is still "IN"...be careful...they are in the process of doing "witchhunts" right now..and they are looking thru websites like this for people they know. Just had a 1st cousing DF'd along with her ministerial servant husband for "Apostacy"..."

The funny thing is.....this type of control is exactly what finally made me "see the light". I realized that if it was the truth it should be able to stand up to any amount of scrutiny. You should be able to study, research, even pick at the truth and it will only be more obvious that it is the truth. If it fades away as you gain more knowledge.......then it wasn't the truth to begin with.

Perhaps I should make my 2004 new years resolution to begin that support group! Since they are on such a witch hunt.....it sure would be fun to stand up, be obvious and say bring it on!!

• jgnat
    jgnat
    How long have you guys been out of the truth and what family background of the truth do you guys have

Truth is a journey. How do you ever leave it? I was never a Witness. None of my family are Witnesses. I have a loved one who is a Jehovah's Witness, so I have been educating myself about the WTBTS these three years. The JWD folks have been very patient with me when I display my ignorance over the particularly weird bits of theology.

• freelife
    freelife

I have been out for about a tear. Mentaly longer than that. I was df'd about july of last year.My mom and dad and bro and sis are still in. OH and to the WTS SPYS SUCK MY BIG F'ING HAIRY NADS!!!!! SLIP IN A PUDDLE OF AIDS AND CRACK YOUR HEAD OPEN!!!!! FU

APOSTATE LOVE

Clint FREELIFE

• garybuss
    garybuss

I kicked the door on my way out in 1974, then the door kicked me for 18 years until I confronted my outdated operating system and got a reformat. Then I got a motorcycle and ended up here. That was the abridged version. Most people like it the best. GaryB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit